Alabama Players in the NFL

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
After watching the highlights I saw that one of the TD's was a handoff to Murray up the middle. Most of the highlighted plays were by Mariota, who seemed to have a VERY good night from the pocket. Tennessee could be pretty good. I think they need a few more weapons outside to complement Mariota. Don't know anything about their defense.
Mariota's play was textbook as to how a running QB can play from the pocket when he needs to do so. I sure hope our QB's were watching this...I did not know he was that precise of a passer -- was not when he came out of college.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
After watching the highlights I saw that one of the TD's was a handoff to Murray up the middle. Most of the highlighted plays were by Mariota, who seemed to have a VERY good night from the pocket. Tennessee could be pretty good. I think they need a few more weapons outside to complement Mariota. Don't know anything about their defense.
I've been a Titans fan since they switched over from the Oilers and I'll believe it when I see it. Everyone picked Tennessee to win the AFC south preseason but Houston and Jacksonville look like the better squads at this point. At least we broke the 11 game win streak the Colts had over us. I believe it's been since 2011 since the Titans beat the Colts. Of course we beat their backup QB but I'll take the win anyway we can get it..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Very few RBs get to be "the guy" anymore. It seems that teams have forgotten how trust a RB to carry the rock 20+ times/game. They only trust QBs with that many touches, and the sport has suffered for it. Look at how much Zeke changed the fortunes of the Cowboys last year. Like Henry, he is a RB who likes contact and gets stronger as the game progresses.

Guys like this need more carries. Protecting them from injury with fewer carries is counterproductive.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
They will continue to use them both I'm sure. Wouldn't be surprised if it turn into a "hot hand" approach at times. Murray is still a really good RB and it's probably good for both him and Henry long term to split time.

Also, I've always known how big Henry is but there is something about watching him in the NFL next to NFL linemen and coming in right after a "big back" like Murray was in the game that just makes it even more impressive. He is freaking huge.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Here are some highlights from earlier in the season when they gave him more carries. He actually has a REALLY nice cutback later in the clip that shows he's not AS BAD laterally as many pundits wanted to make it seem. He doesn't haven't elite lateral movement, but nobody is asking him to play like Darren Sproles. He's got excellent lateral movement for a guys his size - above average vision and his strength and speed combo is unparalleled. I really like watching him play. He can blow a hole in your line or run around and away from you if necessary. Something tells me people are going to be underestimating and taking bad angles on him for the rest of his career.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Here are some highlights from earlier in the season when they gave him more carries. He actually has a REALLY nice cutback later in the clip that shows he's not AS BAD laterally as many pundits wanted to make it seem. He doesn't haven't elite lateral movement, but nobody is asking him to play like Darren Sproles. He's got excellent lateral movement for a guys his size - above average vision and his strength and speed combo is unparalleled. I really like watching him play. He can blow a hole in your line or run around and away from you if necessary. Something tells me people are going to be underestimating and taking bad angles on him for the rest of his career.

Part of his issue is that he doesn't look like he moves great laterally but its kind of deceptive just like his speed. Obviously, combine results are not the end all and be all but his 3 cone and 20 yard shuffle were both better than Dalvin Cook's. He isn't Le'Veon Bell but he doesn't need to be.

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
Agreed...Murray is really, really good -- but he wore down as the game went on...understandable. Henry got stronger despite being called on to make the tough runs in short yardage situations. I could not believe the play calling at times by the Titans...the ghost of LK lived...jet sweep on the 2 yard line? Come on...man up and give the ball to Murray or Henry and go down swinging.

Did you see the Titan players congratulating DH? It was like they wanted him to see that he could dominate at this level if he just took his game up a bit. Great players have another gear -- and he has that as we all know.
Did you see how mad the O-Line was on the sideline after those calls? The next time they got down there, it was straight-up smashmouth and Murray scored behind his line. Sometimes I just don't understand the need to get cute when you can just pound the other guys into submission.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Johnathan Allen has officially been ruled out for the rest of the season. He ended the season with 10 tackles and 1 sack.

This is from PFF

PFF Grade: 81.3PFF Elite Stat: Allen leads the NFL’s DTs with at least 30 pass-rush snaps with a 13.1 pass-rush productivity mark.
Charging up the rookie rankings is Allen, after a third strong performance in as many games, against San Francisco in Week 6. Against the 49ers, Allen registered another four QB pressures giving him 13 total for the season, most among rookie interior defenders. Most impressively, he’s reached 13 pressures on just 80 snaps, less than No. 2 and No. 3 on the list of most pressures out of a rookie DT (Adam Butler, 9 pressures, 93 pass-rush snaps; Jeremiah Ledbetter, 6 pressures, 89 pass-rush snaps). In all, his pass-rush productivity mark of 13.1 is first among all the league’s DTs with at least 30 pass-rush snaps.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
People let's keep the politics out of this thread so we can keep this thread in this forum.

Eddie's scoop and TD run was awesome. It's followed a bad pitch from Scam.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.