Alabama Players in the NFL - Page 9
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Re: Alabama Players in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

This sounds like the next game will determine Dalton's future as Bengal's QB. If he struggles again at Halftime, I expect AJ to get a shot.
    I don't see anything in those comments to suggest AJ is going to get a chance in the next few weeks.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I don't see anything in those comments to suggest AJ is going to get a chance in the next few weeks.
    Yeah Dalton would have to just nuclear level implode and pretty much cost them games directly from bad play for weeks for AJ to even maybe be considered. That or get injured badly which of course I would never wish on him. Backup QB's just flat do not play at all on teams that have established starters.

AJ will need some other team to acquire him for the sole purpose of giving him a chance to be their starter. My fingers are crossed. I mean I know I'm biased but honest to goodness I really do think he could be one of the leagues Top 10 QB's on the right team. He just needs an opportunity from someone.

On the subject of AJ... I just don't know. The last game I saw him play (the historic team implosion vs. the Steelers -- was that two seasons ago?) he looked awfully hesitant to pull the trigger. He has confidence when he's being interviewed, but I haven't seen it on the field in the NFL. I want him to be good and I think he can be, but he's got to give himself a chance to be good when he gets onto the field.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    My point is that If Dalton can't get something going on by next game and ends up 0-3, then there will be some talk about starting AJ. This comment:
    ""I don't think he's taken a step back," Lewis said. "I think we have to continue to let Andy do his thing. We have to do things better around him.""
    I get the part that OL isn't helping, Receivers aren't getting open, RBs aren't finding holes... but It's on Dalton to make things happen. They have yet to score a touchdown. If they lose another game without a touchdown, then the narrative changes to where Dalton needs to be benched.. Article may not suggest it, but I got the feeling from it.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Another thing: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/2...s-unknown-2018
    It may take league arbitration for it to be decided whether McCarron will be a restricted free agent or unrestricted free agent in 2018.
    #Bengals & AJ McCarron likely will have to wait until 2018 for his contract situation to be resolved - so he's still considered an RFA.
    Jim Owczarski (@JimOwczarski) April 24, 2017
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    AJ got so screwed Going to the Bengals.
    Yeah there is nothing in there that sounds like he will get a shot. Lewis is Going to ride Dalton all the way to the bottom. I see they just fired the oc who has been with Lewis the whole 15 years he has been there. Didnt realize the Bengals havent won a playoff game the whole time Lewis has been head coach. Not sure how a team or its fans could put up with that.

BamaNation All-SEC

Concerning players that will be in the NFL next year; saw this morning where Ridley is #7 and Minkah #8 on Kiper's Big Board.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

CJ finished with 10 tackles today. Just wow!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Hump and Tim Williams played well - Timmy effectively ended the Browns final drive.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

It appears Barron als recorded 10 stops today.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    It appears Barron als recorded 10 stops today.
    Henry finally got some carries. And he made his mark
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

AJ may not ever get a shot

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...in-kaepernick/

After a disastrous start to the season for the Bengals, it seems that some players in the locker would like to see the team possibly consider replacing Andy Dalton.
    According to PFT, some of the team's players think that "the Bengals should go off the board and consider bringing in Colin Kaepernick," which basically tells you all you need to know about the mood in the Bengals locker room right now.