Alabama Players in the NFL

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Clowney is a phenomenal athlete with ZERO work ethic (aka lazy). Holding off JJ Watt is impressive for a rookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a feeling Myles Garrett will be the same way. Legendary level of athleticism but not the work ethic or passion for the game of football to go with it..

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
If AJ doesnt get some playing time now with Cinnci....he never will. Dalton is playing about as bad as a qb can.
It's frustrating. He's good enough that other teams keep inquiring about trading for him but the Bengals won't trade him or play him. They just keep him on the sideline as an insurance policy in case Dalton gets injured.

At least Kareem Jackson and Dre Kirkpatrick both started and played well tonight on opposing teams. A good bit of former SEC players were in tonight's game.

Oh and Deshaun Watson showed in his 1st Career Start that no matter what the learning curve will be....he still has the 'IT Factor'. That was an awesome 49 yard TD scramble that was basically the game winning play. I'm glad he's going to be NFL teams problem now...lol.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
It's frustrating. He's good enough that other teams keep inquiring about trading for him but the Bengals won't trade him or play him. They just keep him on the sideline as an insurance policy in case Dalton gets injured.

At least Kareem Jackson and Dre Kirkpatrick both started and played well tonight on opposing teams. A good bit of former SEC players were in tonight's game.

Oh and Deshaun Watson showed in his 1st Career Start that no matter what the learning curve will be....he still has the 'IT Factor'. That was an awesome 49 yard TD scramble that was basically the game winning play. I'm glad he's going to be NFL teams problem now...lol.
AJ's payday is coming...he will be somewhere else next year making quite a few mil per year. And starting. Cincy is stuck in neutral and their gameplay is not working.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
AJ's payday is coming...he will be somewhere else next year making quite a few mil per year. And starting. Cincy is stuck in neutral and their gameplay is not working.
AJ is still only 26 years old too. If someone will just give him a legitimate shot he still has 10+ years at least that he could be a team's leader.

It reminds me of when Steve Young looked to be Montana's backup for life for a while in SF in the 80's. Not that Dalton is Montana or AJ is Young talent wise but the situations are similar.

I really think he could be a Top 10 Pro-Bowl quality QB. I REALLY wanted Denver to get him when they were looking around even though I like Trevor Siemian.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I love AJ and hope he get his chance but I just don't buy that he is a long term franchise QB kind of guy. I think he would be a solid starter and probably better than some guys starting right now but I would be pleasantly surprised if he turns into a legitimate franchise QB.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Bengals went two games without scoring TDs. The problem with the offense is that they aren't consistent enough to score 10, 17 points. Injecting AJ as a QB might be a good move. We saw what Watson did last night. He can move the team down the field. AJ Should be getting some look by now. Dalton won't make it by Game 4 if he struggles.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I love AJ and hope he get his chance but I just don't buy that he is a long term franchise QB kind of guy. I think he would be a solid starter and probably better than some guys starting right now but I would be pleasantly surprised if he turns into a legitimate franchise QB.
I agree that I don't think he's a QB that you can build a franchise around like Andrew Luck but I do think he could play at a pro bowl level in the right situation. He needs to be on a team that has good surrounding talent on offense and a good defense like the Broncos..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
While on the discussion of AJ, who had him in the office pool of "Last SEC QB in the NFL from the 2014 Draft?"

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
While on the discussion of AJ, who had him in the office pool of "Last SEC QB in the NFL from the 2014 Draft?"
I always thought he was better than Mettenberger or Murray. I didn't think Manziel would crash and burn so fast though.

Oh and speaking of SEC players drafted in general that year that still play....Clowney was starting for The Texans at LB and low and behold he was actually giving effort on plays again!!! Had a pretty awesome fumble return where he ran George Teague style one hand palming it...lol.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I always thought he was better than Mettenberger or Murray. I didn't think Manziel would crash and burn so fast though.

Oh and speaking of SEC players drafted in general that year that still play....Clowney was starting for The Texans at LB and low and behold he was actually giving effort on plays again!!! Had a pretty awesome fumble return where he ran George Teague style one hand palming it...lol.
I figured the three pro-style guys would all at least be in AJ's shoes. Timing matters in these situations more than we ever realize in the moment.

Clowney was starting to show real effort last year. If he and JJ stay healthy, that defense will be very good. It'll have to carry the team while Watson and the younger guys on offense get acclimated to the NFL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.