Alabama Players in the NFL

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Still too early for much of an update but I wanted to put it out there that it at least sounds like Cam Sims is making some plays during OTAs. A different reporter has mentioned a catch of his after almost every practice. Still way to early to know if he has a shot at a roster spot but its clearly a good sign that he has shown a couple flashes.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I cannot recall him ever having this trouble at Alabama. Maybe he is not doing well without the structure provided by a CNS organization.
A lot of the NFL revolves around finding “ that athlete” that fits the system they have in place.

As far as trouble... I think it’s like the teenager getting their first ounce of freedom out from their parents at college

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Maybe but Cam's measurables (height) make him an interesting prospect.
I still think hes a long shot to make the roster. Probably a practice squad guy or something. There isn't a ton of high level talent in front of him but there are still a lot of WRs who he has to pass by for a roster spot.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I still think hes a long shot to make the roster. Probably a practice squad guy or something. There isn't a ton of high level talent in front of him but there are still a lot of WRs who he has to pass by for a roster spot.
I agree. I think he will really have to show out when real camp opens to make the roster.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I agree. I think he will really have to show out when real camp opens to make the roster.
+1. Always have to take OTA and camp reports with a grain of salt this time of year. Seems like every player and his brother are "tearing it up in OTAs" but then most of those players get cut after the 3rd or 4th preseason game. I hope Sims make a roster spot but there probably has to be some injuries or other displacement of the players in front of him for that to happen..

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
+1. Always have to take OTA and camp reports with a grain of salt this time of year. Seems like every player and his brother are "tearing it up in OTAs" but then most of those players get cut after the 3rd or 4th preseason game. I hope Sims make a roster spot but there probably has to be some injuries or other displacement of the players in front of him for that to happen..
Some players look better running/ catching in shorts and in non-contact drills. Also some just can’t fully grasp an NFL playbook

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Some players look better running/ catching in shorts and in non-contact drills. Also some just can’t fully grasp an NFL playbook
For sure, I hope all of our undrafted free agents make a 53 man roster or practice squad somewhere but it's very likely only 1 or 2 will, at most. That's just the reality of the NFL..

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I know that they keep records for the number of draft picks by college, and which teams hold the record for most draft picks. Does anyone keep track of the number of players that actually make a roster or practice squad by school? Given how our UDFAs are performing, and how many of our guys were drafted, I suspect we might have a shot at the record.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.