Alabama Players in the NFL

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am kinda glad that they are not letting him play right now. The entire offense is a mess. Not sure what is up, but it is not all Dalton. Pretty sure that AJ would look just as bad, and he can't afford to look bad when he gets his shot.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I always thought he was better than Mettenberger or Murray. I didn't think Manziel would crash and burn so fast though.
I thought Manziel was the worst 1st round QB pick since Tebow. Dude has an arm and some athleticism but never seemed like a pro QB to me. I thought Murray was going to be gone faster than he was. Mettenberger was the one I was off on. I thought he would have a long career at least as a back up.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I love AJ and hope he get his chance but I just don't buy that he is a long term franchise QB kind of guy. I think he would be a solid starter and probably better than some guys starting right now but I would be pleasantly surprised if he turns into a legitimate franchise QB.
I am not sure any of us thinks he will be a franchise QB (there are only a handful of them now). I think he can be a good QB that shows great leadership and he can take a team to the play-offs and possibly beyond. AJ has a certain confidence that makes others want to follow.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don't see anything in those comments to suggest AJ is going to get a chance in the next few weeks.
Yeah Dalton would have to just nuclear level implode and pretty much cost them games directly from bad play for weeks for AJ to even maybe be considered. That or get injured badly which of course I would never wish on him. Backup QB's just flat do not play at all on teams that have established starters.

AJ will need some other team to acquire him for the sole purpose of giving him a chance to be their starter. My fingers are crossed. I mean I know I'm biased but honest to goodness I really do think he could be one of the leagues Top 10 QB's on the right team. He just needs an opportunity from someone.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
On the subject of AJ... I just don't know. The last game I saw him play (the historic team implosion vs. the Steelers -- was that two seasons ago?) he looked awfully hesitant to pull the trigger. He has confidence when he's being interviewed, but I haven't seen it on the field in the NFL. I want him to be good and I think he can be, but he's got to give himself a chance to be good when he gets onto the field.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't see anything in those comments to suggest AJ is going to get a chance in the next few weeks.
My point is that If Dalton can't get something going on by next game and ends up 0-3, then there will be some talk about starting AJ. This comment:
""I don't think he's taken a step back," Lewis said. "I think we have to continue to let Andy do his thing. We have to do things better around him.""
I get the part that OL isn't helping, Receivers aren't getting open, RBs aren't finding holes... but It's on Dalton to make things happen. They have yet to score a touchdown. If they lose another game without a touchdown, then the narrative changes to where Dalton needs to be benched.. Article may not suggest it, but I got the feeling from it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
AJ got so screwed Going to the Bengals.
Yeah there is nothing in there that sounds like he will get a shot. Lewis is Going to ride Dalton all the way to the bottom. I see they just fired the oc who has been with Lewis the whole 15 years he has been there. Didnt realize the Bengals havent won a playoff game the whole time Lewis has been head coach. Not sure how a team or its fans could put up with that.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Concerning players that will be in the NFL next year; saw this morning where Ridley is #7 and Minkah #8 on Kiper's Big Board.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
AJ may not ever get a shot

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...eam-to-consider-bringing-in-colin-kaepernick/

After a disastrous start to the season for the Bengals, it seems that some players in the locker would like to see the team possibly consider replacing Andy Dalton.
According to PFT, some of the team's players think that "the Bengals should go off the board and consider bringing in Colin Kaepernick," which basically tells you all you need to know about the mood in the Bengals locker room right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.