Alabama Players in the NFL

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Since the NFL is back I thought it would be cool to have a thread on how the Bama rookies are looking so far. I only watched the Redskins vs Ravens game so most of what I know of the other Bama rookies is from others opinions and observations. I'm sure I'll forget someone but I did my best to at least list all of the big ones.

Marlon Humphrey - he has some sort of injury and didn't play

Tim Williams - made a special teams tackle but I didn't see him make a ton of noise rushing the passer.

Jonathan Allen - played well in somewhat limited snaps. He had a sack that was caused by good coverage by the DBs but he played with discipline and was there to take down the QB when he tried to scramble.

Ryan Anderson - He looked fantastic and seemed to always be around the ball. PFF said he had 2 pressures rushing the passer but his biggest impact was in the run game where he looked great setting the edge.

Eddie Jackson - He didn't do much on the stat sheet but I did see a clip of him making a great tackle on a run play. It also sounds like he played some with most of the starters still in the game. He also had a couple punt returns but didn't do much with them.

Richard Mulaney - Idk if he counts as a rookie but he had 2 grabs for 70 yards, including a 52 yarder.

Gehrig Dieter, Reuben Foster, OJ Howard, Ardarius Stewart, and Dalvin Tomlinson haven't played their first preseason games yet. Most of them play tonight

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Re: Alabama Rookies in the NFL

Thanks, I had also considered creating this thread but you beat me to it. I watched the Redskins & Ravens as well - Redskins have some work to do on offense, especially considering that they were supposed to torch people. Still ,it's very early, I'm sure they'll get it ironed out.

I thought both Anderson and Allen looked sharp. Looked like they'd been there before. Will see how the do against stiffer competition in the regular season.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

I know he not a rookie any more, but D Henry looks really good on the Titans right now. I took my son to see a Titans open practice on Wednesday and he still looks like a man against NFL talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

From the Ravens-Redskins game:

Ryan Anderson, Kouandjio, Tim Williams, Marlon Humphrey, Jon Allen and CJ Mosley. Not all rookies but it's a pretty cool picture anyhow..

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

Since the NFL is back I thought it would be cool to have a thread on how the Bama rookies are looking so far. I only watched the Redskins vs Ravens game so most of what I know of the other Bama rookies is from others opinions and observations. I'm sure I'll forget someone but I did my best to at least list all of the big ones.

Tim Williams - made a special teams tackle but I didn't see him make a ton of noise rushing the passer.

Jonathan Allen - played well in somewhat limited snaps. He had a sack that was caused by good coverage by the DBs but he played with discipline and was there to take down the QB when he tried to scramble.

Ryan Anderson - He looked fantastic and seemed to always be around the ball. PFF said he had 2 pressures rushing the passer but his biggest impact was in the run game where he looked great setting the edge.

Eddie Jackson - He didn't do much on the stat sheet but I did see a clip of him making a great tackle on a run play. It also sounds like he played some with most of the starters still in the game. He also had a couple punt returns but didn't do much with them.

Richard Mulaney - Idk if he counts as a rookie but he had 2 grabs for 70 yards, including a 52 yarder.

Gehrig Dieter, Reuben Foster, OJ Howard, Ardarius Stewart, and Dalvin Tomlinson haven't played their first preseason games yet. Most of them play tonight
The local sports guy here in RVA was talking about how the Skins coaches have been really impressed with Ryan's ability to set the edge of rushing plays...they have their mini-camp here.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I saw a little of the Chicago game on the NFLN. One of the announcers said John Fox compared Eddie to a HOF safety (can't recall his name). The Bears are very high on Eddie. He did have one 16 yard punt return.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

It has gotten to the point that it seems that every NFL game has multiple Alabama players playing on both teams. I used to just pull for an NFL team that had a Bama player on it while watching a game, if there was a Bama player playing in the game. Can't do that anymore as it seems that it is a rarity to watch an NFL game and not find a Bama player playing for one of the teams.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Alabama Rookies in the NFL

It has gotten to the point that it seems that every NFL game has multiple Alabama players playing on both teams. I used to just pull for an NFL team that had a Bama player on it while watching a game, if there was a Bama player playing in the game. Can't do that anymore as it seems that it is a rarity to watch an NFL game and not find a Bama player playing for one of the teams.
I remember 10 years ago it was hard to find one. How times have changed. It seemed like they were all either from Miami, USC, LSU, Florida, or OU.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I remember that play. With his motor and technique Anderson could be very good for them for quite some time.
He is going to get an opportunity to have a big impact this year. Trent Murphy is now out for the season so that leaves 4 OLBs including Anderson. Not to mention 2 of the other OLBs are Preston Smith who has under performed expectations in his career and seems to be too calm, and Junior Galette who has missed the entirety of the last 2 seasons. He may very well start some games this year.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I know Ryan Anderson had a chip on his shoulder because he felt he didn't get as much pub as Tim Williams and Jon Allen. I think he's going to be taking it out on Washington's opponents this coming season.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I saw a little of the Chicago game on the NFLN. One of the announcers said John Fox compared Eddie to a HOF safety (can't recall his name). The Bears are very high on Eddie.
Not a Bama guy, but I was impressed with Mitch Trubitsky,especially for a rookie.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Sounds like Reuben Foster played well and had a pass break up. Saw the highlight and he maybe could have picked it off but it would have been a great catch. Apparently he has never had an INT in a game but had 3 during 4 days of training camp so his teammates where making fun of him for not getting the one in the preseason game.

OJ Howard didn't do much. His coach did give him a "B" grade and he apparently did well blocking in the run game but he didn't have a catch.

Dieter had 1 catch for 16 yards.

Dalvin Tomlinson had 1 tackle but reportedly played really well. He was one of the Giants "Top 5 Grades" on PFF. He was their #2 grade and our friend Landon Collins was #1.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

Sounds like Reuben Foster played well and had a pass break up. Saw the highlight and he maybe could have picked it off but it would have been a great catch. Apparently he has never had an INT in a game but had 3 during 4 days of training camp so his teammates where making fun of him for not getting the one in the preseason game.

OJ Howard didn't do much. His coach did give him a "B" grade and he apparently did well blocking in the run game but he didn't have a catch.

Dieter had 1 catch for 16 yards.

Dalvin Tomlinson had 1 tackle but reportedly played really well. He was one of the Giants "Top 5 Grades" on PFF. He was their #2 grade and our friend Landon Collins was #1.
Where have I heard that before?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.