Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
My fear is this is only going to get worse. There are people all over who seem to want to go to war with one another. I'm about ready to let them go to a cage match "Hunger Games" style. Only one walks out and then they are alone forever. I'm sick of people who just want to wrong another because of their race, creed, color, religion, or whatever. Leave others the hell alone to live the life they see fit.
There are an elite group of people who want us to go to war with one another.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Amateur Sleuths Aim to Identify Charlottesville Marchers, but Sometimes Misfire

Look..................from the NY Slimes, so no way it can be fake news!

After a day of work at the Engineering Research Center at the University of Arkansas, Kyle Quinn had a pleasant Friday night in Bentonville with his wife and a colleague. They explored an art exhibition at the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and dined at an upscale restaurant.

Then on Saturday, he discovered that social media sleuths had incorrectly identified him as a participant in a white nationalist rally some 1,100 miles away in Charlottesville, Va. Overnight, thousands of strangers across the country had been working together to share photographs of the men bearing Tiki torches on the University of Virginia campus. They wanted to name and shame them to their employers, friends and neighbors. In a few cases, they succeeded.
Brilliant! Right?

Fearing for their safety, he and his wife stayed with a colleague this weekend.

“You have celebrities and hundreds of people doing no research online, not checking facts,” he said. “I’ve dedicated my life to helping all people, trying to improve health care and train the next generation of scientists, and this is potentially throwing a wrench in that.”
Good job, morons. I hope they are proud of themselves.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My fear is this is only going to get worse. There are people all over who seem to want to go to war with one another. I'm about ready to let them go to a cage match "Hunger Games" style. Only one walks out and then they are alone forever. I'm sick of people who just want to wrong another because of their race, creed, color, religion, or whatever. Leave others the hell alone to live the life they see fit.
i'm generally pretty good until folks start having torch wielding mobs along with heavily armed militia marching in the streets, telling folks they are going to take the country back from those people, and looking for a fight.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
but what they want is attention best way to solve that is to not give them any
I know Pulaski Tennessee tried this. Does anyone know how it played out?

La Times

"Our protest is to turn our back on them. We're shunning them to let them know they don't have a welcome mat here," said Bob Henry, a leader of Pulaski's show of solidarity against the rally by the Aryan Nations. "We think brotherhood is better than prejudice."

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
By the people, I mean acting through the law. Angry mobs need not apply. Get up off your lazy bum and elect the people you want so they will change it. No need to be careful about that in respect to removing statues from public squares.
Angry mobs can and often do act through the law. When a majority of people become uncivil, so does the law. Removing statues out of ignorance is wrong whether it reflects the will of an ignorant minority or an ignorant majority. However, I will conceded, all things being equal, it is better for the angry mob to follow the institutional process in place than to just blow it up.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
well, chester cheeto is not satisfied

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Made additional remarks on Charlottesville and realize once again that the #Fake News Media will never be satisfied...truly bad people!
6:29 PM - Aug 14, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.