Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters - Page 2
Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 1111
  1. #14
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Shiner, TX
    Posts
    23,250

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Saddens me to see this.
    It's just going to get worse.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #15
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hooterville, Vir.
    Posts
    15,584

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    One of the best cities in America. Lived there for four years -- hope to retire there one day.
    Nice place. A bit pricey. There are two Albemarle County cops who live within a couple of blocks of me (in Augusta County) because Albemarle doesn't pay enough for Albemarle employees to live in Albemarle.

    I'd bet most of the white nationalist protesters are not from Albemarle, but a goodly amount of the anti-fa folks are (but by no means all).

  4. #16
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,957

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    A vehicle just drove into a crowd of counter-protesters. Injuries unknown.

  5. #17
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Birmingham & Atlanta
    Posts
    17,547

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    This is the darkest timeline.

  6. #18
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    6,121

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    A vehicle just drove into a crowd of counter-protesters. Injuries unknown.
    They are saying a 3 vehicle crash. That's different from plowing into a crowd. Were they trying to block traffic?

  7. #19
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,957

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    They are saying a 3 vehicle crash. That's different from plowing into a crowd. Were they trying to block traffic?
    That's not what I'm reading, but it's so recent that there isn't reliable reporting yet. Here's a twitter thread from a Buzzfeed reporter on the scene: LINK

    FWIW, both the AP and Reuters are reporting that at least one vehicle "plowed into" a crowd of counter-protesters. They're not reporting it as a crash, but that may change as we get more information.

  8. #20
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hooterville, Vir.
    Posts
    15,584

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    That's not what I'm reading, but it's so recent that there isn't reliable reporting yet. Here's a twitter thread from a Buzzfeed reporter on the scene: LINK

    FWIW, both the AP and Reuters are reporting that at least one vehicle "plowed into" a crowd of counter-protesters. They're not reporting it as a crash, but that may change as we get more information.
    Fox News (Yeah, I know...) coverage showed a three vehicle pile up. The middle of the three had its trunk crumpled. The rearmost vehicle had been pulled back from the middle one.

    The local TV station is NBC 29, so google that if you want the local news view of things.

  9. #21
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,957

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Well, here's a video, fortunately from far enough away that you can't see the injured.

    The car was definitely accelerating into a crowd before fleeing the scene. I can't tell from the video, but eyewitnesses are saying the license plates were removed and windows tinted, which if true, indicates some degree of planning.

  10. #22
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,957

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    Fox News (Yeah, I know...) coverage showed a three vehicle pile up. The middle of the three had its trunk crumpled. The rearmost vehicle had been pulled back from the middle one.

    The local TV station is NBC 29, so google that if you want the local news view of things.
    The car goes out of view for part of the video I linked. When it comes back on camera, the front bumper is heavily damaged. It wouldn't surprise me if it crashed into other vehicles around a corner, and that's what Fox was seeing.

  11. #23
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hooterville, Vir.
    Posts
    15,584

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Well, here's a video, fortunately from far enough away that you can't see the injured.

    The car was definitely accelerating into a crowd before fleeing the scene. I can't tell from the video, but eyewitnesses are saying the license plates were removed and windows tinted, which if true, indicates some degree of planning.
    Burgundy minivan in front was maybe stationary. The silver rag top was the one with the crumpled trunk. The grey Mustang that was reversing back away the the accident looks to have been the one had sped up into the accident.
    Shame on the driver. I'm sure he'll be very popular in the jury room during his trial.
    Last edited by Tidewater; August 12th, 2017 at 02:53 PM.

  12. #24
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hooterville, Vir.
    Posts
    15,584

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    A moment of reality.

    The Lee statue was dedicated in 1924. Henry L. Smith, president of Washington and Lee, spoke at the dedication of the Lee statue in Charlottesville. He said that to the efforts of Lee “more than to those of any leader, North or South, the country owes the obliteration in a single generation of sectional bitterness after the close of the War between the States.” “Veterans Cheer Lee Descendant,” Charlottesville Daily Progress, May 22, 1924, p. 1, col. 3.

    So, the Lee statue was erected as a symbol of sectional reconciliation. I wonder how many of the alt-right and anti-fa folks in Charlottesville were aware of that. Probably not many.

  13. #25
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    17,007

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    In three weeks, this stuff won't be happening on a Saturday. Hurry up football.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

  14. #26
    BamaNation All-SEC Aledinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    A vehicle just drove into a crowd of counter-protesters. Injuries unknown.
    Great, so now the Islamists are getting involved. This is turning into the Battle of Five Armies.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!