Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Well, here's a video, fortunately from far enough away that you can't see the injured.

The car was definitely accelerating into a crowd before fleeing the scene. I can't tell from the video, but eyewitnesses are saying the license plates were removed and windows tinted, which if true, indicates some degree of planning.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Fox News (Yeah, I know...) coverage showed a three vehicle pile up. The middle of the three had its trunk crumpled. The rearmost vehicle had been pulled back from the middle one.

The local TV station is NBC 29, so google that if you want the local news view of things.
The car goes out of view for part of the video I linked. When it comes back on camera, the front bumper is heavily damaged. It wouldn't surprise me if it crashed into other vehicles around a corner, and that's what Fox was seeing.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well, here's a video, fortunately from far enough away that you can't see the injured.

The car was definitely accelerating into a crowd before fleeing the scene. I can't tell from the video, but eyewitnesses are saying the license plates were removed and windows tinted, which if true, indicates some degree of planning.
Burgundy minivan in front was maybe stationary. The silver rag top was the one with the crumpled trunk. The grey Mustang that was reversing back away the the accident looks to have been the one had sped up into the accident.
Shame on the driver. I'm sure he'll be very popular in the jury room during his trial.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
A moment of reality.

The Lee statue was dedicated in 1924. Henry L. Smith, president of Washington and Lee, spoke at the dedication of the Lee statue in Charlottesville. He said that to the efforts of Lee “more than to those of any leader, North or South, the country owes the obliteration in a single generation of sectional bitterness after the close of the War between the States.” “Veterans Cheer Lee Descendant,” Charlottesville Daily Progress, May 22, 1924, p. 1, col. 3.

So, the Lee statue was erected as a symbol of sectional reconciliation. I wonder how many of the alt-right and anti-fa folks in Charlottesville were aware of that. Probably not many.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014

Must be correct if eyewitnesses said so.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
As ugly as they are, the excesses of the radical fringes of the left and right wings serve well to warn us against polarization and extremism. What I wonder about is how many hear the warning.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
As ugly as they are, the excesses of the radical fringes of the left and right wings serve well to warn us against polarization and extremism. What I wonder about is how many hear the warning.
Am I to understand your post in a way that means you believe people who are protesting pro-nazi white nationalists are themselves on the radical fringe of the left and extremists in their own right?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
people who are protesting pro-nazi white nationalists are themselves on the radical fringe of the left and extremists in their own right
Antifa are a bunch of thugs and troublemakers in their own right. They are the people you see in helmets and protective gear fighting the Nazis. I think they were only a small portion of the people protesting the nazis though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.