Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters - Page 3
Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Video and parade pics from HuffPo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009

BamaNation First Team MobileCrimson's Avatar

Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Well, here's a video, fortunately from far enough away that you can't see the injured.

The car was definitely accelerating into a crowd before fleeing the scene. I can't tell from the video, but eyewitnesses are saying the license plates were removed and windows tinted, which if true, indicates some degree of planning.
    Must be correct if eyewitnesses said so.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

It seems one person was killed in the car plowing through the crowd.
    Sad.

What appeared to be a freelance journalist says, "No doubt in his mind" that the driver was one of the white supremacists.
    Last edited by Tidewater; August 12th, 2017 at 02:53 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MobileCrimson View Post
    Must be correct if eyewitnesses said so.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Yup, I just saw that the plate had been posted. It also looks like the guy has been apprehended.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Ohio plate. Out-of-towner, just like I thought.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

No idea who this person is, but maybe the best comment I have read elsewhere:

Without logos or signs, I can't reliably tell the Nazis from the anti-Nazis in the TV shots.
    — Jack Shafer (@jackshafer) August 12, 2017

"I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"

BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    No idea who this person is, but maybe the best comment I have read elsewhere:
    [/INDENT]
    Pretty much sums up both groups. They are both looking for trouble when going to these protest, and neither are the good guys.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar

Here you go. I their minds they are "fulfilling the promises of Donald Trump."

https://youtu.be/2WCMX5JIBcQ?t=20s

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Wow, that's an amazing picture. Thank you for sharing it.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar

As ugly as they are, the excesses of the radical fringes of the left and right wings serve well to warn us against polarization and extremism. What I wonder about is how many hear the warning.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bamachile View Post
    As ugly as they are, the excesses of the radical fringes of the left and right wings serve well to warn us against polarization and extremism. What I wonder about is how many hear the warning.
    Am I to understand your post in a way that means you believe people who are protesting pro-nazi white nationalists are themselves on the radical fringe of the left and extremists in their own right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chanson78 View Post
    Am I to understand your post in a way that means you believe people who are protesting pro-nazi white nationalists are themselves on the radical fringe of the left and extremists in their own right?
    No.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bamachile View Post
    No.
    I didn't think so, but within the context of the thread I wasn't sure.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    We're going to have insurance for everybody, there was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us.They can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Source
    Can you guess which quote branded a president as a habitual liar?