Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters - Page 5
Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    What a dumb ....I hope he fries if it was intentional.

2. Advertisement

Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    Charlottesville tried Friday night to change the venue of the "Unite the Right" rally.
    A Federal judge issued an emergency court order forcing Charlottesville to allow the rally at Emancipation Park as planned.
    The judge bears a certain amount of responsibility for the carnage that ensued.
    Would have moving the venue prevented the violence? I think things would have progressed the same.

My problem is if you start to move/cancel events because of the threat of violence, then you let the antefa / nazis / islamists control who can and cannot speak and where and how.

(I do consider the antefa to be less deplorable than the other two groups, but as I am equally likely to get punched in the face by all three, I included them.)

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Count me among those who don't think the venue mattered much. Too many people were hellbent on violence to get their point across. I think it safe to say that the city/county/state did not plan security well enough.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-American tattooguy21's Avatar

Disgusting. I hate this polarization, I hate....good I just hate so much of this.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just a barner.
    Off the Gus Bus and on the Pearl Parade!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    I've read better written articles in high school newspapers.

That being said, I hope this guy gets locked up for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Crimson1967; August 13th, 2017 at 06:25 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

The driver of the car that plowed into protesters was pictured holding a symbol of Vanguard America (above), a white supremacist group. His personal Facebook page prominently displays the Othela rune, a symbol frequently used by Neo-Nazis. Read more at the SPLC (LINK).

All available evidence shows this guy to be a white supremacist who committed an act of domestic terrorism. Watching the president repeatedly dodge reporters and steadfastly refuse to condemn white supremacy by name when directly asked continues a sickening trend that we've watched play out for nearly two years.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

The only good thing I can about this is that they didn't decide to hold their rally in Tuscaloosa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO...best way to deal with stuff like this is to just stay home and let the extremists march and do their thing.

Nothing good ever comes from clashing with another faction in a public place.

Free speech doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as confrontation.

Some people can't restrain themselves though......

To them I say good luck but don't blame me if you get hurt or killed....you could have stayed home or gone somewhere else and protested in another way.

YMMV.....

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    If you go to a contentious event with a shield or a helmet you are expecting trouble and ought not to go.
    If you come with a club, you are intending to inflict harm and ought to be detained on sight by the police and held, at a minimum, until the event is over.

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post

The driver of the car that plowed into protesters was pictured holding a symbol of Vanguard America (above), a white supremacist group. His personal Facebook page prominently displays the Othela rune, a symbol frequently used by Neo-Nazis. Read more at the SPLC (LINK).

All available evidence shows this guy to be a white supremacist who committed an act of domestic terrorism. Watching the president repeatedly dodge reporters and steadfastly refuse to condemn white supremacy by name when directly asked continues a sickening trend that we've watched play out for nearly two years.
    both sides, remember.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    If you go to a contentious event with a shield or a helmet you are expecting trouble and ought not to go.
    If you come with a club, you are intending to inflict harm and ought to be detained on sight by the police and held, at a minimum, until the event is over.
    i do think their should be an exception for folks dressed up to go to dragon-con
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

If I'm in charge....I'm sending the message to stay away from these events......(of course, this doesn't help politicians or the media who are parasites off any kind of violence and tragedy).....