Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
It always amazes me that these yahoos show up at a rally when they know there is the potential for violence and possibly spending the night in the pokey. Do they show up because they honestly believe in heir cause or is just for the opportunity to bash someone from the other side and/or get their face on the local news? I have serious doubts that these groups stand for anything other than seizing the opportunity for violence. I have no use for either side when it comes to the use of violence to promote a cause.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It always amazes me that these yahoos show up at a rally when they know there is the potential for violence and possibly spending the night in the pokey. Do they show up because they honestly believe in heir cause or is just for the opportunity to bash someone from the other side and/or get their face on the local news? I have serious doubts that these groups stand for anything other than seizing the opportunity for violence. I have no use for either side when it comes to the use of violence to promote a cause.
C'mon Gray....get with the program!!! ;)

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I think, and maybe it's just me, but a lot of them are there for a social media post. Much like a gym-selfie; it's a form of virtue signaling/attention seeking.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
so now an image from the completely peaceful women's march? What are you trying to say? That there is some equivalence?
Two groups he just doesn't like?
You see, by protesting white supremacists who beat black people with metal poles and drive cars into crowds of innocents, they're exactly the same. Because it takes two to tango or something.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I don't know where to post this, but this one might be as good as any.

(Unless someone can point to a thread where the discussion is about what other statues are going to be labelled "racist" and will need to be the next to come down.)

Anyway...................it seems that FDR is a racist! And Roosevelt Island needs to be renamed!

It came from a NYC newspaper, so it has to be true!

“To add injury to insult, the name was taken away from the Native American people who were slaughtered by the American settlers,” said Margarita L., who started the petition.
Well, that settles it!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't know where to post this, but this one might be as good as any.

(Unless someone can point to a thread where the discussion is about what other statues are going to be labelled "racist" and will need to be the next to come down.)

Anyway...................it seems that FDR is a racist! And Roosevelt Island needs to be renamed!

It came from a NYC newspaper, so it has to be true!

Well, that settles it!
i think this may be one of those turning points in our country. in 10 days, 82 people have signed the petition.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Here is a group of Antifa fellows engaging in vigorous debate with an opponent lying in a fetal position in the road last weekend in Berkeley.
One of the fellows uses the debating technique made famous by Aristotle called "the kick to the head." If employed correctly, this argument is exceedingly difficult to refute.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
i think this may be one of those turning points in our country. in 10 days, 82 people have signed the petition.

Swap "Reagan" for "FDR", and see how many would sign any petition.

"Strawman. The island isn't named after Reagan."

My point, exactly. Bet a lot more would sign, even though such thing didn't exist.

Wanna bet?

I'll bet you a Guinness. Loser buys. You have to drink it, win or lose. (Because I can't, any more. I'll just have to watch, and make you feel guilty.) (Warning: I do a really mean lookin' skunk-eye.)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Swap "Reagan" for "FDR", and see how many would sign any petition.

"Strawman. The island isn't named after Reagan."

My point, exactly. Bet a lot more would sign, even though such thing didn't exist.

Wanna bet?

I'll bet you a Guinness. Loser buys. You have to drink it, win or lose. (Because I can't, any more. I'll just have to watch, and make you feel guilty.) (Warning: I do a really mean lookin' skunk-eye.)
set up a petition to re-name national airport and we have a bet. ;) i like guiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.