Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters - Page 7
Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Three people arrested Saturday in connection with the riots:

Troy Dunigan, 21, of Chattanooga, Tennessee, arrested and charged with disorderly conduct
    Jacob L. Smith, 21, of Louisa, Virginia, arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault and battery
    James M. O’Brien, 44, of Gainesville, Florida, concealed weapons violation

All out-of-towners (although Louisa is the next county over from Albemarle).
    Last edited by Tidewater; August 13th, 2017 at 09:35 AM.

Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Looks like they are protesting mosquitoes.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

PSA: when the white supremacists are applauding you, it might be time to re-examine your position.

The founder of Daily Stormer, an American neo-Nazi and white supremacist site which considers itself to be part of the alt-right movement, hailed the fact President Trump “outright refused to disavow” the gathering of white supremacists.

“People saying he cucked are shills and kikes,” said its editor Andrew Anglin. “He did the opposite of cuck. He refused to even mention anything to do with us. When reporters were screaming at him about White Nationalism he just walked out of the room.”

“There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all,” the Trump supporter continued. “He said he loves us all. Also refused to answer a question about white nationalists supporting him. No condemnation at all. When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room. Really, really good. God bless him.”
    LINK

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    PSA: when the white supremacists are applauding you, it might be time to re-examine your position.

LINK
    The Republicans in general have been very strong in their condemnation, which is refreshing, but this was a real moment that Trump could have firmly drew a line in the sand to stand in opposition of the racist xenophobes that he's criticized for giving new rise to, and he chose to "play the fence" (many sides!). History should remember that.
    Just a barner.
    Auburn attempted 40 3 pointers while Tennessee only attempted 15. This kills the one seed.

Suspended

Hmmm...I need to go read Trump's statement to see what all the panty-twisting is about. Let's see, he condemns hate, bigotry, and violence. Those look like pretty good things to condemn. Plus, he throws in a little support for unity. Shame on Trump I guess.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Seems like that cuts both ways. When the KKK leader condemns you, are you doing the right thing?
    Former KKK leader David Duke strikes out at Trump for condemning a white nationalist rally: 'It was White Americans who put you in the presidency'

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    History has a selective memory I guess.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    Most every position is labeled extreme/radical today.

"I like puppies."

Great, now I'm known as a cat hater. (Ok, I'll admit it. I'm a right-wing fringe anti-feline radical).

BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    History has a selective memory I guess.
    History doesn't have a selective memory. Folks with an agenda do.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

And both parties are playing their parts well.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

That struck me more as a warning shot than actual condemnation of Trump's remarks.

These are not the police. Looks like they were ready to provoke and respond.

Suspended

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...and_nazis.html

Certainly, in the eyes of the mainstream media, Rick is correct. They have been attempting to portray Trump as a Nazi, which is so deranged that anyone making the comparison is clearly a nut. Nazis do not marry off their favorite daughter to an orthodox Jew, watch her convert, and produce Jewish grandchildren.
    The media campaign to require Trump to blame one side more than the other is an attempt to enforce two pillars of the orthodoxy of American victimology:

1. In any conflict, the position taken by any African-American group or “leader” (even Black Lives Matter – “pigs in a blanket – fry ‘em like bacon” -- whose banners were visible yesterday in Charlottesville) is by definition morally superior to their critics.
    2. Words that any member of a victim class object to are sufficient provocation to violence, because words are themselves violence.