Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
I think it’s more “ I like MY history and hate real history” kinda thing.

I’m still wondering why he referenced what Lenin did to the Royal family as one reason to tear the monument down. Hell had they killed the czar after the February revolution then Kornilov has no reason to march on St Petersburg in September effectively setting off the immediate chain of events that gave the Bolsheviks real power. If there were folks taking odds in July and August in 1917 then very few are picking the Bolsheviks are taking power because most of them are jailed, killed, or embarrassingly re exiled like Lenin after failing to secure power in February.
Actually, my reference to the royal family was a sarcastic shout out to something "good" he did. Sorry for skipping the blue font on that one. What I was really referencing was the millions he had killed because either they were educated or they wouldn't kowtow to the Bolsheviks, or both.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Actually, my reference to the royal family was a sarcastic shout out to something "good" he did. Sorry for skipping the blue font on that one. What I was really referencing was the millions he had killed because either they were educated or they wouldn't kowtow to the Bolsheviks, or both.
okay that makes more sense. By killing the royals he pretty much took the Western world out of the conflict because they had no strong dog to back in the war.

But what I found funny was how he duped the Petrograd Soviet into believing that he supported the election no matter what, but he ofcourse claimed the results were illegitimate once he lost. The rest is just a story of how he won the war and his vision got outmaneuvered by who he considered a moron.

Reactions: B1GTide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think it’s more “ I like MY history and hate real history” kinda thing.

I’m still wondering why he referenced what Lenin did to the Royal family as one reason to tear the monument down. Hell had they killed the czar after the February revolution then Kornilov has no reason to march on St Petersburg in September effectively setting off the immediate chain of events that gave the Bolsheviks real power. If there were folks taking odds in July and August in 1917 then very few are picking the Bolsheviks are taking power because most of them are jailed, killed, or embarrassingly re exiled like Lenin after failing to secure power in February.
Remember that they named themselves "Bolsheviks" ("majority"). Then, their opponents, who were really the majority, promptly named themselves "mensheviks" (minority)... :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Ldlane and 81usaf92

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Not a statue, but another icon of a bygone era has fallen.

It's about time on that one, however I saw a post attached that somehow African Americans needed to reimbursed for Recipes stolen.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
It's about time on that one, however I saw a post attached that somehow African Americans needed to reimbursed for Recipes stolen.
Boiling sugar cane down to a dark syrup was "discovered" by the indigenous people of the areas where sugar cane naturally grew. If anyone should get reimbursed, it's them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That stuff is pretty foul. We have an old, close friend who lives on a mountaintop covered with sugar maples he taps (when it gets cold enough) and then boils the sap down. He does it out of passion, because it's extremely labor-intensive, requiring all-night vigils while boiling. There is no comparison with the real stuff and fake...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I have been reading some of the comments to articles about the SEC and the Mississippi flag. Sadly, they are pretty predictable.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Reactions: 92tide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.