Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters - Page 9
Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959 ... LastLast
Results 105 to 117 of 1193
  1. #105
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Atlanta 'Burbs
    Posts
    10,890

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    this links the video of the incident as a warning though it does not autoplay so you can read and avoid it

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nguard-america


    The man accused of murdering a woman by deliberately driving into her during protests against a far-right rally was photographed earlier in the day standing with the white supremacist, neo-Nazi group Vanguard America.

    James Fields, 20, of Maumee, Ohio, allegedly killed Heather Heyer, aged 32, and injured 19 others when he rammed his car into a group peacefully protesting on Saturday in Charlottesville, Virginia.

    Photographs from earlier that day appear to show Fields rallying with Vanguard America and carrying a shield bearing the group’s insignia. He wears the white polo shirt and khaki pants that are the group’s uniform.
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

  2. #106
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    15,670

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    So you are playing the Atl-Right "he was defending himself" card?
    I don't know if he was or wasn't. McMaster seems to know enough to assume he wasn't.

  3. #107
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    15,670

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles16 View Post
    What set of circumstances would make this anything but intentional? What other reason was there for him doing this but to kill and maim? What other motive for this intent would he have in this circumstance? Have you not seen the videos? Are you unaware of the happenings? Or is the obtuseness on display the same the Trump has displayed over and over?
    Whew...never knew you to be so overwrought.

  4. #108
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    36,480

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    I understand your point. But I think it's more than a little misleading when folks fall back to the "both sides did it argument" when the initial violence, the majority of violence, and the most serious act of violence all came from one side.

    Regarding Trump's weak response in particular, it's important to keep things in context. During the campaign, he danced for weeks to avoid disavowing the support of a former KKK grand wizard, despite knowing exactly who he was and what he represented. He's made no comment on the dramatic increase in white nationalist violence on his watch. He said absolutely nothing when a mosque was bombed in Minnesota, and his advisers even claimed that it was very likely a false flag event perpetrated by liberals to negatively influence the public's perception of far right extremists. He ignored the xenophobic murders in Portland and Kansas for days before issuing a vapid tweet in response that again sidestepped the bigotry underlying both attacks and stoked by his campaign rhetoric. And now Trump fronts a misleading narrative that implies both groups of protesters in Charlottesville were equally to blame for the violence while again refusing to condemn his white supremacist supporters. When directly asked, he even refused label the act of speeding a car into a group of peaceful protesters as an act of terrorism. This is not defensible.
    you must be new here
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  5. #109
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    36,480

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    So you are playing the Atl-Right "he was defending himself" card?
    you must be new here too
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  6. #110
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Atlanta 'Burbs
    Posts
    10,890

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Betty Bowers asking the right question


    https://twitter.com/BettyBowers/stat...55103913730048
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

  7. #111
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    36,480

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    These are not the police. Looks like they were ready to provoke and respond.
    freedom1!!11!1!11!
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  8. #112
    Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mountainous Northern California
    Posts
    12,986

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    Whew...never knew you to be so overwrought.
    Not at all. Not sure what would make you think that. I merely asked a series of questions. I guess every decent reporter that has ever been has been overwrought.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

    The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

  9. #113
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    15,670

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Betty Bowers asking the right question


    https://twitter.com/BettyBowers/stat...55103913730048
    Looks like the mental health system may have failed him.

  10. #114
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    63,885

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    Looks like the mental health system may have failed him.
    I doubt he's batty enough to avoid a murder conviction...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  11. #115
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    36,480

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    here's some more from duke

    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

    ó Thomas Pynchon

  12. #116
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    6,143

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    You guys don't think Trumps reaction to white supremacists has anything to do with his dad being arrested at a KKK rally do you? Nah probably just a coinsidence
    Last edited by 2003TIDE; August 13th, 2017 at 02:35 PM.

  13. #117
    BamaNation All-American crimson fan man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Athens Al
    Posts
    4,511

    Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

    Both sides hate so don't see no difference. Some will make an argument one side is more morally right then the other but hate is hate. Can't dress that up to be pretty.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear