Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters - Page 92
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828586878889909192
Results 1,184 to 1,193 of 1193

Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

There are better ways than the death penalty. Just castrate them, take away their eyesight, and send them home with a monthly welfare check. Cheaper than keeping them in prison.

BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    No one should be given the death penalty. I don't care what beliefs you hold.
    I have always believed that according to the declaration of independence the government cannot sentence someone else to death. Because life is one of our unalienable rights granted by the Creator no one but the creator can take that right from anyone.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    I have always believed that according to the declaration of independence the government cannot sentence someone else to death. Because life is one of our unalienable rights granted by the Creator no one but the creator can take that right from anyone.
    Interesting question. I am not sure what the constitutional standing of the Declaration of Independence is. Using that same logic, the government could never incarcerate anyone for any crime either since it also says we are endowed by our Creator with liberty.

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

No one should be given the death penalty. I don't care what beliefs you hold.
    I tend to agree with you.

That being said, I find it hard to tear up with dirtbags like Timothy McVeigh gets sent to a dirt nap.

The DP is unfairly applied, and many are unjustly convicted and sent to Death Row. Timothy McVeigh's case included none of this.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    I tend to agree with you.

That being said, I find it hard to tear up with dirtbags like Timothy McVeigh gets sent to a dirt nap.

The DP is unfairly applied, and many are unjustly convicted and sent to Death Row. Timothy McVeigh's case included none of this.
    Just to clarify because a few people have said this.

I don't lose any sleep over certain awful people dying/being put to death either. However, I still do not support their execution.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Just to clarify because a few people have said this.

I don't lose any sleep over certain awful people dying/being put to death either. However, I still do not support their execution.
    Same here. I get tired of pro-DP people thinking I have some great love for brutal killers. Or that I should let them live at my house.

I guess they support the death penalty for every crime. Do you think burglary should be a capital crime? You dont? Then let them move in with you if you like them so much.

My main objection is that innocent people are on death row. I know it is a very small percentage, but one is too many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.towleroad.com/2019/08/trump-8-8/

“The president says that we will fly our flags at half-mast until August 8, that’s 8/8. Now I’m not going to imply that he did this deliberately, but I am using it as an example of the ignorance of the adversary that’s being demonstrated by the White House. The numbers 8/8 are very significant in the neo-Nazi and the white supremacy movement. Why? Because the letter ‘H’ is the 8th letter of the alphabet, and to them, the numbers 8/8 stand for “Heil Hitler.” So we’re going to be raising the flag back up at dusk on 8/8. No one’s thinking about this. No one’s giving the advice, or he’s rejecting the advice.”

"Old dog - new tricks"

He's incapable of keeping that straight...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Same here. I get tired of pro-DP people thinking I have some great love for brutal killers. Or that I should let them live at my house.

I guess they support the death penalty for every crime. Do you think burglary should be a capital crime? You don’t? Then let them move in with you if you like them so much.

My main objection is that innocent people are on death row. I know it is a very small percentage, but one is too many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I disagree with it on principle. But as most of us agree, it's hard to lose sleep when the crime was so egregious, and the evidence against the defendant is so damning (DNA, etc) and overwhelming.

What I have a problem with is poor access to competent defense, and disreputable DA's, planted evidence, jailhouse rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    I disagree with it on principle. But as most of us agree, it's hard to lose sleep when the crime was so egregious, and the evidence against the defendant is so damning (DNA, etc) and overwhelming.

What I have a problem with is poor access to competent defense, and disreputable DA's, planted evidence, jailhouse rats.
    I think you mean "reliance on jailhouse rats"...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis