Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I'm a supporter of free speech, but after this clown's last rally you'd think the NPS would have grounds to deny him the permit based on the violence his clan (ahem) brought with them...
I would agree. I would think there are grounds to deny the request. The Federal District is a bit more rough and tumble than Charlottesville, so I would guarantee that there will be a lot more anti-fa folks there, and thus a lot more violence.
On the other hand, DC has a statue to Phil "The only good Indians I ever saw were dead" Sheridan and U.S. "The Jews are hereby expelled from this Department" Grant,* so maybe Spencer will feel more amongst his kind in DC.

* U.S. Grant's General Order No. 11, December 17, 1862: "The Jews, as a class violating every regulation of trade established by the Treasury Department and also department orders, are hereby expelled from the Department [of the Tennessee] within twenty-four hours from the receipt of this order."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They had it on a weekend in the summer on a college campus and they still had a bunch of anti-Nazis show up and someone died.

Now they want to have it across the street from the White House with plenty of publicity in advance. I support free speech but this seems like a time when shutting it down in the name of public safety would be a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
They had it on a weekend in the summer on a college campus and they still had a bunch of anti-Nazis show up and someone died.

Now they want to have it across the street from the White House with plenty of publicity in advance. I support free speech but this seems like a time when shutting it down in the name of public safety would be a good idea.
Maybe they should hold a rally someplace not liable to damage, like the middle of the Bonneville Salt Flats. Then Spencer's knuckle-draggers and the anti-fa types can throw down on a massive scale. Maybe we could safely watch from a drone feed.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The Charlottesville story takes another strange turn.

Charlottesville parks aren't ready for Justice, Emancipation

the Charlottesville City Council voted 4-1 Monday night to change the names of two parks yet again. The former Lee Park, renamed Emancipation Park, is now Market Street Park. The former Jackson Park, whose name was changed to Justice Park, is now Court Square Park.
Not sure what the rationale for this was. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.