Rioting at Charlottsville Va (UVA) by white nationalists and counter protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
He should have said -- "If we find you, we will put you in a room with a recording of Ed Orgeron reading 'War and Peace' for 30 straight days" --
"... and after the battle of Borodino, Napoleon said, "I DRIVE A HUMMER! YOU SHOULD DRIVE A HUMMER, TOO." And then Napoleon tore his t-shirt off...."

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Seems the DHS warned everyone that the kooks, on both sides, were gearing up for brawl.

Posted on Politico, so you can't say it is fake news :biggrin2:

The Department of Homeland Security issued a confidential warning to law enforcement authorities three days before the deadly Aug. 12 Charlottesville protest rally, saying that an escalating series of clashes had created a powder keg that would likely make the event “among the most violent to date” between white supremacists and anarchists.
And both sides were clearly gearing up for an unprecedented confrontation in the weeks leading up to the Aug. 12 “Unite the Right” rally and a weekend of events planned around it by white supremacist rally organizers and those protesting it.

"Anarchist extremists and white supremacist extremists online are calling on supporters to be prepared for or to instigate violence at the 12 August rally,” the assessment warned.
So, tell me how Drumpf is the blame?

If anyone is to blame, it is the schmuck gubner, who gave the order to stand down. And allowed the violence to explode, out of control.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
3 men made Nazi salutes, shot at protesters after Richard Spencer event
Police in Florida arrested three men who allegedly made Nazi salutes, repeated Hitler chants and then shot at a group of protesters after white supremacist leader Richard Spencer's speech at the University of Florida on Thursday.

The gunshot narrowly missed the group of six to eight protesters, striking a business behind them, police said. Tyler Tenbrink, 28, William Fears, 30, and Colt Fears, 28, had driven from Texas to Gainesville, Florida, for Spencer's speech at the Phillips Center.

The Fears, who are brothers, spoke to CNN on Thursday prior to the incident about their support for Spencer, the white supremacist leader of the "alt-right." In one interview, William Fears said protesters did not need to be afraid of them.

"They don't have to fear us. It's always the left that brings the violence," he said.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
So, on your graph there, what exactly constitutes an act of domestic terrorism? I don't need a graph and a predominantly liberal funded organization to tell you that in any country in this world that the citizens of that country commit far more crimes than visitors do. What makes you "right wing" ? "Facts" can be skewed to fit your narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
So, on your graph there, what exactly constitutes an act of domestic terrorism? I don't need a graph and a predominantly liberal funded organization to tell you that in any country in this world that the citizens of that country commit far more crimes than visitors do. What makes you "right wing" ? "Facts" can be skewed to fit your narrative.

of course they can, and probably even are but even if you assume that the right wing is inflated by 50% and the left wing is deflated by the same it still holds the same point that this administration is pretending that right wing extremism doesn't exist. And it does, and it has a very hefty body count

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
If you look at the descriptions "right wing" is only "right wing", it's a far more broad canvas than the very precise, very limited descriptions of the other two. 50% is low balling the amount of inflation to the right wing stats.

Talking about radical Islamic terrorism does not mean you are saying that other forms of terrorism don't exist. Liberals and absolutes. It's your way of thinking or its wrong.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
If you look at the descriptions "right wing" is only "right wing", it's a far more broad canvas than the very precise, very limited descriptions of the other two. 50% is low balling the amount of inflation to the right wing stats.
Really? From their methodology:

We use the loose umbrella term “left wing” to refer to a broad range of ideologies, including animal rights, environmental, and anti-racist extremists. We use the umbrella term “right wing” to encompass militia movements, as well as white supremacist, anti-government, anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant, and anti-abortion extremists, including radical Christians. We use the term “Islamist” to describe theocratic extremists inspired by groups such as the Taliban, al-Qaida, and the Islamic State. We chose the term “Islamist,” rather than “Islamic,” in an effort to uncouple the Muslim faith from the political ideology of Islamism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.