Scrimmage(s) News/Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
[video]http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Contents/-Clips-from-Alabamas-first-preseason-scrimmage-106077553[/video]

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Just reading some tea leaves this morning.

We better hope a game doesn't come down to a field goal.

Tua didn't look as hot as - Day.

Chris Allen may prove to be another Tim Williams - a BR kid that LSU rues missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Obviously I`m not on the coaching staff, but I would think that Josh Jacobs has little, if anything to prove. If that were to be accurate, I would hope that he wouldn`t see much other than light duty to learn the new offense, the bicycle and the training table for rehabbing his hamstring. We`re going to need him on 9/2.
He was just a true freshman last year, I'm sure he still has a lot to prove and improve on

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
[video]http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Contents/-Clips-from-Alabamas-first-preseason-scrimmage-106077553[/video]
One thing that I noticed on the scrimmage video is that Jalen brought the ball down low as he was getting ready to throw (basically winding up) and allowed a defensive lineman to strip the ball before he could throw. This could be something he he does all the time, or he does on certain throws, or maybe just a one time thing. I am sure the coaches are working with him on this. This was one of the downfalls of Tebow when he got to the NFL as it too him too long to throw the ball after the wind-up.

Perhaps the most important thing that Saban said was, “I think that we can have a really good team. I’m not disappointed where our team is right now. Are we where we need to be? Absolutely not. I think we just have to focus on what we need to do to improve. If every team in the country were ready to play the first game right now, they wouldn’t need to practice anymore.
This is encouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
For the life of me I don't understand why kickers aren't beating down Coach Saban's door to come play for us.

They will get a chance to play for national championships and might even directly contribute to winning one. That coupled with a chance to play in the NFL, what more could they want?

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
How about Terrell Lewis's pick six off Tua... Whoa.

Bama site now reporting that was actually not Tua, but was instead QB Montana Murphy, sophmore out of Southlake, Texas...

For the life of me I don't understand why kickers aren't beating down Coach Saban's door to come play for us.

They will get a chance to play for national championships and might even directly contribute to winning one. That coupled with a chance to play in the NFL, what more could they want?
Yeah, there's a kicker sitting at AU right now that wanted that. Legacy player too.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Agree but I'll never understand why he went to AU. Almost any other school I'd get but not Auburn (or Tennessee).

Auburn seems to find every fantastic kicker in the US. They have had great kickers every year. We cannot seem to find one except every 10 years or so.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
You haven't been watching. He was ready to go in 2015. He was having a fantastic season then he got injured. With a true freshman QB, everyone took a step back. He poised to have what he had in 2015.
True enough. But regardless of the reasons, it's taken him much longer than anticipated to make a big impact. Hopefully this is his year.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Auburn seems to find every fantastic kicker in the US. They have had great kickers every year. We cannot seem to find one except every 10 years or so.
Be that as it may - we struggle far more than we should when it comes to kicking. I know it's a bit of a crapshoot in terms of how they develop but it's mind-boggling that we can do better in this regard.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Be that as it may - we struggle far more than we should when it comes to kicking. I know it's a bit of a crapshoot in terms of how they develop but it's mind-boggling that we can do better in this regard.

It is frustrating. Let's just score touchdowns, it is way easier.

True enough. But regardless of the reasons, it's taken him much longer than anticipated to make a big impact. Hopefully this is his year.
If we can just get him the ball. He's too explosive not to be a factor. That would open up Ridley. Then to have those backs and Juedy causing problems. This offense could be truly unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.