Politics: Alabama Senate race

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Over on some other site that I read (no, it wasn't TrumpBart, so don't even start..............), they ran an article declaring Moore a "code-pink Republican". (That is Mark Levin-speak for a "conservative" who likes Pukin' Putin, the murdering fascist thief.)

Later in the day.........same site.............."The case for Sen. Moore."

I didn't read it.

The only good thing about Moore going to the House of Lords would be him making life miserable, for marble-mouth Mitch.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Over on some other site that I read (no, it wasn't TrumpBart, so don't even start..............), they ran an article declaring Moore a "code-pink Republican". (That is Mark Levin-speak for a "conservative" who likes Pukin' Putin, the murdering fascist thief.)

Later in the day.........same site.............."The case for Sen. Moore."

I didn't read it.

The only good thing about Moore going to the House of Lords would be him making life miserable, for marble-mouth Mitch.
He did that to himself last week.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/10/alabama-senate-race-roy-moore-vladimir-putin-russia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Roy Moore is flat-out scary. Removed twice from being the Chief Justice of the Suprme Court of the State of Alabama. Once for saying he could defy the SCOTUS if he did so for religious reasons.

But Moore will get 30-35% no matter what. In all likelihood, the race is for the opposing spot. And whomever is in that spot, I think he will win the general election.

Moore is like Hillary in that he polls a hard core of support, but also alienates an equally hard core of opposition. I just think the opposition is bigger than the support.

Luther Strange makes Traci Lords look virtuous. He sold his soul and his credibility to the Luv Guv. Good God, man! Have you no decency? Strange has proven that he has none at all.

By default, I go for Brooks in the runoff. He's far from perfect. But he does think for himself, which I respect even when I don't agree.

If it's Strange and Moore in the runoff, I'll probably do what I did for POTUS....write in Nick Saban. No blue font.

Lord, are Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, Roy Moore and Luther Strange the best we can do?

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I know there are the main three on the GOP side, but there are other options. Tripp Pittman doesn't seem like a bad option.

After all ol' Tripp did survive a plane crash so he's deserving of our vote.

Not sure who I'll vote for in the primaries. Probably Mo Brooks because I perceive Luther to be corrupt & because Luther's endorsed by Trump.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
It wouldn't help all of the low turnout numbers, but I'd be interested in the states declaring a state holiday on election days. I'm sure there are other issues to think about tied to that decision, but surely that would help somewhat.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
that's how I feel about the candidates and Alabama politics in general
I think the poor choices we had caused the low turnout. I went with Pittman because the main three are horrible. In the runoff I am voting for whoever is running against Moore.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
Clearly we all need to vote for Roy Moore so that he'll get himself removed from office quickly and we can put someone else in there.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I didn't vote today because I'm a registered Republican and the only GOP candidates that have a chance to win are crooks so why waste my time. Plus, I plan on voting for the democrat in December out of spite for the horrible job Trump and the GOP are doing, mainly because I'm ....ed about net neutrality. I will continue to vote against the GOP until the other side upsets me more, which probably won't be long.

Honestly, I'm about to give up on this whole election stuff. I mean really, what's the point? They are all bought and paid for by big corporations and lobbyist. They don't care about the American people at all, just their wallets. Democracy is nothing more than a charade at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.