Politics: Alabama Senate race

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Alabama voters will not care about Moore's improprieties, even if more women come out. They elected Trump despite his well known and proven issues and won't care about Moore's. They are following the lead of people like Zeigler and Pow. It's easy to see how they'd fall for the antichrist (theoretical or real). Just say "Lord, Lord..." over and over and they are hypnotized.

Did Wapo release this now for maximum political effect? Most likely. Is it true? Very likely. Will the voters care? They are already saying they don't, so no supposition at all.
Your'e not wrong. But that being said, in a close race it miiiiiight dampen GOP enthusiasm enough to make a difference. And a true write-in campaign would be a disaster.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
What liberal affected don't understand is that the GOP and their base will win at any cost. This is a war to them more than some high-minded, inspirational belief in our political system. It all comes down to Name (R) v. Name (D) and they aren't giving this ballot the (D) even if their (R) was giving the D to 14yo girls. Sexual impropriety will never stick to the GOP. They don't care because their base doesn't care. Sex related stuff is just a tactical weapon to be used to make liberal minded losers eat their own. Their media sources and party backers will right the damn ship employing every tactic under the sun to diminish this news.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Alabama voters will not care about Moore's improprieties, even if more women come out. They elected Trump despite his well known and proven issues and won't care about Moore's. They are following the lead of people like Zeigler and Pow. It's easy to see how they'd fall for the antichrist (theoretical or real). Just say "Lord, Lord..." over and over and they are hypnotized.

Did Wapo release this now for maximum political effect? Most likely. Is it true? Very likely. Will the voters care? They are already saying they don't, so no supposition at all.
I'm glad they waited until Moore had beaten Strange in the runoff. At least this gives Jones a fighter's chance.
But I'm like you, Trump was elected by a huge margin in Alabama, and I expect nothing Moore can do or not do would cost him this Senate seat. "It's better to have a pedophile represent Alabama rather than a Democrat", even one who has had an honorable career.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I'm glad they waited until Moore had beaten Strange in the runoff. At least this gives Jones a fighter's chance.
But I'm like you, Trump was elected by a huge margin in Alabama, and I expect nothing Moore can do or not do would cost him this Senate seat. "It's better to have a pedophile represent Alabama rather than a Democrat", even one who has had an honorable career.
Sad , but true...

"You (you)You're my maskYou're my cover, my shelterYou (you)You're my maskYou're the one who's blamedDo (do)Do my workDo my dirty work, scapegoatDo (do)Do my deedsFor you're the one who's shamedI'm your dream, make you realI'm your eyes when you must stealI'm your pain when you can't feelSad but true"

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
conservative christian values uber alles

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The protective cover of a practically one-party state for over a decade or more. At least that is what I'm guessing.
I seriously doubt Moore wants to expose himself to discovery. As I posted earlier, friends originally from Etowah County say this has been an open secret for many years. If legal proceedings were begun, there probably would be a long line of women come forward. He will hunker down and bombast, but he wouldn't dare legal proceedings...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
If they are lying, they should definitely face legal action. (I don’t know exactly what this person said).

I wasn’t voting for Moore anyway so the accusations won’t affect my decision in the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reactions like that are why these women and others like then wait so long or never share their experiences at all. It's the most horrifying, personal crime that can be perpetrated against someone about which they may not even be believed.

No one EVER questions whether you were robbed, beat up or shot at. Pretty much if you say you were, it's taken at face value.

“You asked for it.”

“You know you liked it.”

“You're just trying to make trouble.”

“But he's such a great guy!”

Imagine facing that. Nope, I can't either. Hell, there are lawmakers in this state calling to prosecute them, or justifying it with some ham handed appeal to faith.

Truth of the matter is, they are hardly ever easily believed, and they are often blamed. Society is hostile towards sexual assault victims. That is not conducive to file a complaint. It takes courage to report it. Especially since most occur within the social circle of the victim. The chance of being labelled a liar, over imaginative or other labels that show a disbelief and blame the victim.

Being a father of four girls, it's something that terrifies me.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Reactions like that are why these women and others like then wait so long or never share their experiences at all. It's the most horrifying, personal crime that can be perpetrated against someone about which they may not even be believed.

No one EVER questions whether you were robbed, beat up or shot at. Pretty much if you say you were, it's taken at face value.

“You asked for it.”

“You know you liked it.”

“You're just trying to make trouble.”

“But he's such a great guy!”

Imagine facing that. Nope, I can't either. Hell, there are lawmakers in this state calling to prosecute them, or justifying it with some ham handed appeal to faith.

Truth of the matter is, they are hardly ever easily believed, and they are often blamed. Society is hostile towards sexual assault victims. That is not conducive to file a complaint. It takes courage to report it. Especially since most occur within the social circle of the victim. The chance of being labelled a liar, over imaginative or other labels that show a disbelief and blame the victim.

Being a father of four girls, it's something that terrifies me.
The shaming of these women on social media is really disgusting. I doubt they would want this type of attention. Especially if you consider most of their friends are probably big Moore supporters.

Of course all of the people who say they are lying and were paid by the DNC probably believe every sex charge against Bill Clinton and whatever Hollywood celeb is the pervert of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Typically, women should be believed. The equation changes slightly when politics are involved for obvious reasons, but knee jerk deflections are not convincing and can be harmful. The opposite reaction that every woman must be believed at all cost is equally damaging, though. ( not accusing anyone here)

this story appears well supported and is more likely true than not based on what I’m seeing, despite the political connections.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
wasn't sure where to drop this but here seems good

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/11/alabama_exiles_its_prophets_an.html

Condoleeza Rice. Tim Cook. Martin Luther King. Fred Shuttlesworth. Charles Morgan.

The list goes on.

Helen Keller. E.O. Wilson. Ralph David Abernathy.

You have them in your city. Probably in your family. People who lived in Alabama. People who left.

People of wisdom or courage or exceptional gift. People who found their audience or their calling outside the state, who were recognized for their worth only beyond the bounds of this place they called home.

I was struck by it this week while talking to Alabama's pre-eminent historian, Wayne Flynt. He has written definitive histories of the state and sees it in a two-century totality of beauty and possibility and disappointment and deceit. He can, like few people I've known, talk with authority about the origin of our issues, and the consequences yet to come.

But when he spoke of people like these noteworthy Alabamians - and thousands like them we might not immediately recognize - he quoted someone else. He spoke the words of a Jewish immigrant named Harry Golden, a newspaper publisher and activist during the Civil Rights Movement.

"No state will long progress which exiles its prophets and exalts its fools," Golden wrote.

Wow.

That speaks to Alabama with a voice both loud and disturbing. Because it's more than brain drain. More than lost talent we come to expect. It's a statement of who we are and a self-fulfilling prophecy of what we are destined to become if we do what we've always done.

Flynt put it best, as Flynt does.

"Alabama sent more prophets out of this state who if they had stayed would have changed it in such profound ways," he said. "And it has exalted more fools than maybe any southern state."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Typically, women should be believed. The equation changes slightly when politics are involved for obvious reasons, but knee jerk deflections are not convincing and can be harmful. The opposite reaction that every woman must be believed at all cost is equally damaging, though. ( not accusing anyone here)

this story appears well supported and is more likely true than not based on what I’m seeing, despite the political connections.
WAPO claims they have 30 corroborating different sources. That's the reason I said he would not expose himself to discovery. He would be facing all 30...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.