Politics: Alabama Senate race

Status
Not open for further replies.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
One obstinate Senator can really gum up the works for everybody, ....ing off both sides. Moore has a reputation for for doing just that. There was a recent article by one of his law professors, he described this type behavior always coming from Moore, even back then as a law student.

One Senator, if he's willing, can stand everything on its head, which is why McConnell doesn't want him up there.
That's the first good reason I've heard to vote FOR him.

I haven't read the thread but did anyone address the fact that Moore's ads claim that he is endorsed by Chuck Norris?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
There was some sort of scheduled forum for all three candidates, but it was cancelled for some reason, but AL.com got the candidates to answer the prepared questions.

Jones

Moore

Strange

Jones comes across much better than the other two, if for no other reason than he actually answers the questions.
I thought Moore did a better job answering the questions than Strange did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Bannon will campaign for Moore with Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson, Brexit leader Nigel Farage, former Alabama Crimson Tide star running back Siran Stacy and other grassroots supporters of Moore. The rally is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT.
That settles it..............Phil Robertson....................Lyin' Luther is toast!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I didn't think there was any way Moore would poll more than the 30-35% or so that word vote for him no matter what. Looks like I was wrong.

I'll hold my nose and vote for Strange, though I know it's probably futile.

If Moore wins (and he probably will), I may be forced to vote for my first Democrat. Yes, I know he'll be hanging with Charles Schumer and Elizabeth Warren. So the calculus is whether he'd do more or less damage from the left than Moore will do from the right.

** Heavy sigh **

Is this really the best we can do?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I'll hold my nose and vote for Strange, though I know it's probably futile. If Moore wins (and he probably will), I may be forced to vote for my first Democrat.
Good for you. Honestly, this is the only way to combat extreme candidates. The voice of more centrist voters will forever be taken for granted until they can prove their willingness to defect rather than endorse the fringe of their own party out of blind loyalty. Frankly, this is how we got Trump.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Trump carried Alabama easily. He promised to drain the swamp and got a lot of support from the religious right.

So in our special election, he naturally endorsed the establishment candidate against the one supported by the religious right.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Kinda sorta had to.............supposedly (if you believe Lyin' Luther) the NRA says Roy is weak on gun rights.

As an aside..................Marble-mouth Mitch has poured over $30M into getting a boot-licking toadie elected. Wanna bet how much he will be willing to spend, to help get the challenger elected, if he is the candidate, in the general election?

The answer will be zero. He would rather lose the seat, to the other guys, than have someone who is not in his back pocket. He treats the House of Lords like his own private country club. He is the epitome of everything that is wrong with American politics.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Following the results will be like watching the barn play Notre Dame or Tennessee. You hope they both lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.