Politics: Alabama Senate race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Where was he when he did this? Were guns allowed to be brought in if properly concealed and you had a carry permit?

This is a serious question. If I can't legally carry a gun somewhere, then he shouldn't be doing so, either. Granted, he has a track record of acting as if laws didn't apply to him, but still. And what if some idiot in the crowd decided to show his support for the second amendment and display his gun?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The Swamp seems ready to accept Judge Roy will win:

Corker will not seek reelection.

One less swamp creature.............

(Of course, Ol' MarbleMouth will line up a toadie, to take his place.)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I'm trying to decide which makes him look more absurd...the hat, the leather vest or the tiny popgun.
That is a tough one.....................probably the toy gun. Do they even make real ones, that look that silly?

What was he doing, when he got dressed up? Listening to Jimmy Carl Black doing Lonesome Cowboy Bert?

(No, I can not post that video. Would definitely end up getting a vacation.)

"Yes, yes, Jimmy Carl Black...............you want to know where is the beer and when do you get paid?"
"No, I want to know where is that waitress, and................BLEEP.........or not."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Where was he when he did this? Were guns allowed to be brought in if properly concealed and you had a carry permit?

This is a serious question. If I can't legally carry a gun somewhere, then he shouldn't be doing so, either. Granted, he has a track record of acting as if laws didn't apply to him, but still. And what if some idiot in the crowd decided to show his support for the second amendment and display his gun?
based on this, it doesn't appear that firearms or weapons are allowed at public events in alabama.

alabama's firearms and weapons law

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer, to have in his or her possession or on his or her person or in any vehicle any firearm while participating in or attending any demonstration being held at a public place.
(c) It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer as defined in subsection (a) of this section, to have in his or her possession or about his or her person or in any vehicle at a point within 1,000 feet of a demonstration at a public place, any firearm after having first been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration was taking place at a public place and after having been ordered by such officer to remove himself or herself from the prescribed area until such time as he or she no longer was in possession of any firearm. This subsection shall not apply to any person in possession of or having on his or her person any firearm within a private dwelling or other private building or structure.
(d) Any person violating any of the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished as provided by law.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The Swamp seems ready to accept Judge Roy will win:

Corker will not seek reelection.

One less swamp creature.............

(Of course, Ol' MarbleMouth will line up a toadie, to take his place.)
If Corker doesn't run look for Cohen from Memphis to make a run for the Dems. Especially if Jones makes a good showing or even wins here.

If Moore gets the nomination, I wonder if he'll pressure Strange to resign and get Ivy to appoint him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
If Moore gets the nomination, I wonder if he'll pressure Strange to resign and get Ivy to appoint him now.
I don't think he has that kind of clout. Besides, there is a chance he could lose the general. I am serious about him getting ZERO support, from Marble-mouth Mitch, and the rest of the GOP swamp. You know the other guys will dump tens of millions, into the race. We'll see how well his ol' timey religion act plays, being outspent a bazillion to zero.

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I don't think he has that kind of clout. Besides, there is a chance he could lose the general. I am serious about him getting ZERO support, from Marble-mouth Mitch, and the rest of the GOP swamp. You know the other guys will dump tens of millions, into the race. We'll see how well his ol' timey religion act plays, being outspent a bazillion to zero.
If He gets the nom he will win, period. If you are in Alabama, and voted for Trump, you will either enthusiastically vote for Moore, or you will hold your nose and vote for him anyway.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Since it is a special election, both sides will have a hard time turning out voters. Only the hardcore ones will show up. In which case, Moore should win.

But, if someone spreads around enough "walking around" money, you never know.

A lot can happen between now and then. Drumpf's base may get really angry, and turn out in masses. Or just get sick of politics as usual, and figure why bother.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Well, so far..............

Lyin' Luther is only carrying Jefferson and Madison counties. Even Shelby is going for Moore.

I bet the folks in Mountain Brook are wondering how $30M could not carry the day.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The Senate Leadership Fund, strongly influenced by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, has conceded that Roy Moore has defeated U.S. Sen. Luther Strange in the Republican Senate primary runoff.
"Strongly influenced"? Who writes this crap?

More like "Stalinist PAC, controlled by the iron fist of Marble-Mouth Mitch McTurdle................"

$30M........for what? Good job, swamp critters.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
You can't crossover. Since I voted in the Republicans' primary, I can vote in this runoff.
Like I said..............you voted in the wrong one!

Seriously, this open primary crap is one of my pet peeves. It is how schmucks like John McLame and Goober Graham keep getting the nomination.

Unless you live in the stink hole, to the west. They apparently don't pay any attention to folks voting in one primary, and crossing over, in the run-off. Which is how losers like Cochran escape by the skin of their teeth.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
everything I am seeing at 9 Central says that Moore as won. Another Trump loss which is of course awesome but sad for the State too. Jones has no chance so sad for us soon enough

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
everything I am seeing at 9 Central says that Moore as won. Another Trump loss which is of course awesome but sad for the State too. Jones has no chance so sad for us soon enough
I'm thinking I might vote for a Democrat for senator for the first time in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.