Politics: Alabama Senate race

Status
Not open for further replies.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I got this email today. Haven't sent my money yet.

Go HERE to view this message in your browser.
Below please find a special message from one of our advertisers.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Lyin' Luther is digging a deeper hole.

He just hired Herr Rove's former chief of staff, to work for his campaign. I'm sure that will bring out the NeverDrumpfers, in droves.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I just did a phone survey from TPC Research about the Alabama Senate race. The last question, and I kid you not, was :

Press 1 if you would vote for Roy Moore
Press 2 for Luther Strang
Press 3 for Coach Nick Saban :eek:

I pressed 3. I guess Ole Nick will be leaving for Washington soon.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I just went and made an absentee vote for the runoff. I literally held my nose and voted for Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I just did a phone survey from TPC Research about the Alabama Senate race. The last question, and I kid you not, was :

Press 1 if you would vote for Roy Moore
Press 2 for Luther Strang
Press 3 for Coach Nick Saban :eek:

I pressed 3. I guess Ole Nick will be leaving for Washington soon.
No, they're happy with Chris Peterson......

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Like about 80% or more of the voters.....(this is the part that ALWAYS amuses me....press folks rant about what the candidate doesn't know and ignores the fact that the vast majority of folks don't know, either).

By no means am I saying this is okay, but I AM saying that with rare exceptions it doesn't matter. President Ford seemingly didn't know that Poland was under Soviet domination and yet he still came within less than 10,000 votes of winning despite not having been elected in the first place.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've gone from being embarrassed by the politicians elected in Alabama to feeling more humiliated than embarrassed.

I got a phone poll...which candidate will you vote for, Strange or Moore? That was the choice. Nevermind I would rather eat broken glass than vote for either one...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I've gone from being embarrassed by the politicians elected in Alabama to feeling more humiliated than embarrassed.

I got a phone poll...which candidate will you vote for, Strange or Moore? That was the choice. Nevermind I would rather eat broken glass than vote for either one...
That's how many of us felt last November, too. Hate it for you guys but I'm rigidly anti-Moore.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I hate labels, but if you were to take all of my political leanings and add them up, I would probably fall on the right side of the spectrum. I will vote for neither of these buffoons.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I had to vote absentee and went with Strange. As a form of protest, I literally held my nose while marking my ballot.

I am going with Doug Jones in the general election in November. I think he has a better chance of beating Moore.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Thanks, I needed that.

I've called Strange and Shelby's office to see if they are going to vote for the current health plan and both offices told me they were studying it closely but haven't made up their minds. I pointed out, in today's news, Trump had bragged he only needs two or three more GOP votes to get it to pass in the Senate, and the Alabama Senators were not the few he was talking about.

How can Trump say their vote is in the bag when at the same time the Senators are telling their constituents they haven't decided? Which one, Trump or the Senator is being dishonest? This was an especially frustrating question for Strange's office, since he claims to be best buddies with Trump.

So then I ask, is it possible that the Senator is trying to have it both ways? He would like for the people that will be disappointed if he votes yes to at least believe he studied the bill and voted on it's merits. While at the same time, the Senator seems to sucking up to Trump by voting on it no matter how destructive it is.

My suggestion, at least be honest with the people you are harming, and don't lie about it.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Thanks, I needed that.

I've called Strange and Shelby's office to see if they are going to vote for the current health plan and both offices told me they were studying it closely but haven't made up their minds. I pointed out, in today's news, Trump had bragged he only needs two or three more GOP votes to get it to pass in the Senate, and the Alabama Senators were not the few he was talking about.

How can Trump say their vote is in the bag when at the same time the Senators are telling their constituents they haven't decided? Which one, Trump or the Senator is being dishonest? This was an especially frustrating question for Strange's office, since he claims to be best buddies with Trump.

So then I ask, is it possible that the Senator is trying to have it both ways? He would like for the people that will be disappointed if he votes yes to at least believe he studied the bill and voted on it's merits. While at the same time, the Senator seems to sucking up to Trump by voting on it no matter how destructive it is.

My suggestion, at least be honest with the people you are harming, and don't lie about it.
I think that almost anyone with an R by their name is voting for the bill and definitely anyone from Alabama with an R. They just do not want to answer the question.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
My second son was born on Saturday. I’m writing his name in on my ballot. Cant vote for either of these morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.