Politics: Alabama Senate race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I voted for Jones and will again, I feel good about voting for him. He seems like a normal person. If he's a typical Alabama politician, he's kept his crooked ways quiet, and after what we've seen with our elected state politicians, that might be the best we can hope for. Perhaps Jones is not corrupt, and I'm certain he respects the authority of the Supreme Court.

Strange verses Moore, at some point I keep expecting our local GOP voters to offer better, but it ain't happening this time around either.

Strange, Bentley, Moore, Hubbard...haven't the majority of Alabama voters embarrassed us enough without a Senator Moore or Sen. Strange?
And then there's the Siegelman/Scrushy partnership...speaking of national embarrassments.

And let's not forget Larry Langford, William Blount, and Al LaPierre...all Alabama Dems.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Maybe so, but anyone who is conservative should think twice about the long game (i.e. not contributing to liberals gaining control of the Senate). Regardless of how conservative a Dem may appear, he will vote in lockstep with his party most of the time. Those who throw their hands up and vote for the Dem might as well "throw the baby out with the bath water".
"Vote for the twice fired judge or the crook because that would be better than the Dem"

Heck of a slogan to run on. :) chances are, it will win the day, but I think the Dems have a shot.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
They don't have to be as pure as the driven snow. They just have to be better than Tweedledum and Tweedledumber. And that bar won't be that hard to clear.
I care most about how my Senators vote on matters before the Senate. If they vote as I wish, then I'm pleased. If a Dem, even the moron currently running for our vacant seat, were to vote 100% in accordance with what I want, then I'd support him. His affiliation with other Dems, however, guarantees that not to be the case.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I care most about how my Senators vote on matters before the Senate. If they vote as I wish, then I'm pleased. If a Dem, even the moron currently running for our vacant seat, were to vote 100% in accordance with what I want, then I'd support him. His affiliation with other Dems, however, guarantees that not to be the case.
The encouraging thing from a Dem perspective is it seems even when the GOP has the majority they are ineffective at getting anything done.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
So as long as there are a fair number of moderates and GOPers who aren't as utterly intractable as you, Jones has a chance.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
So as long as there are a fair number of moderates and GOPers who aren't as utterly intractable as you, Jones has a chance.
I do have a particular view of the role of government, particularly the federal government. I don't have a "unicorns and rainbows" view of government like Dems and their collaborators have.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Maybe so, but anyone who is conservative should think twice about the long game (i.e. not contributing to liberals gaining control of the Senate). Regardless of how conservative a republicant may say they are, they will vote in lockstep with Marble-mouth Mitch all of the time. Those who throw their hands up and vote for the Dem might as well not vote.
FIFY! :biggrin2:

(Either way, the Uni-Party wins, and we lose.)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Who didn't see this coming....................

Guess who Roy Moore says is on his side

“I can’t predict the future but I will say God has been with us throughout this campaign...........(snip)
OK, you can ignore the rest of the article. (Save y'all from reading the evil BeBop BBart!)

(What if God has other things to attend to? Like bless a baseball player, before he bats?) (Gee, he is starting to sound like Rev. Freezus..................)

Hey, Roy............try sticking to the issues, for once, ok?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
They don't have to be as pure as the driven snow. They just have to be better than Tweedledum and Tweedledumber. And that bar won't be that hard to clear.
It's probably harder than we wish. I mean, all one has to do is look at who sits in the Oval Office right now.

You're right it's a low bar to clear but.......

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I just saw new poll out of Kentucky. McConnell's home state support has absolutely bottomed out. I don't remember the numbers but they were stunning.

I mention that because if Strange is the nominee, and gets McConnell's continued support and money, it might make things very complicated for the upset GOP base here in the Bama Senate race. What to do? Maybe McConnell could funnel money to Strange without people realizing where it came from.

But another poll shows Moore with a decisive lead over Strange, so there's that to consider too. I like the underdog's chance in this race, Jones looks real good in comparison.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I just saw new poll out of Kentucky. McConnell's home state support has absolutely bottomed out. I don't remember the numbers but they were stunning.
It is 18%. I read the entire poll, and like all polls............well, the questions were somewhat skewed.

And not sure how they had so many Jill Stein voters aligning the way they did...............

I mention that because if Strange is the nominee, and gets McConnell's continued support and money, it might make things very complicated for the upset GOP base here in the Bama Senate race. What to do? Maybe McConnell could funnel money to Strange without people realizing where it came from.
He will continue to funnel the money, because he is a power-hungry schmuck. And I doubt most people will have any idea about where any of the money comes from. They have such clever ways of using fantastic sounding names to say us is backing who.

And how can you possibly not for a schmuck that is backed by a group, with carefully crafted name, behind them?

But another poll shows Moore with a decisive lead over Strange, so there's that to consider too. I like the underdog's chance in this race, Jones looks real good in comparison.
If you don't have well-crafted deception campaign to promote you, just go with the tried and tested one:

God.

Can't vote against his guy, and we all know who that guy has to be.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It is 18%. I read the entire poll, and like all polls............well, the questions were somewhat skewed.

And not sure how they had so many Jill Stein voters aligning the way they did...............

He will continue to funnel the money, because he is a power-hungry schmuck. And I doubt most people will have any idea about where any of the money comes from. They have such clever ways of using fantastic sounding names to say us is backing who.

And how can you possibly not for a schmuck that is backed by a group, with carefully crafted name, behind them?

If you don't have well-crafted deception campaign to promote you, just go with the tried and tested one:

God.

Can't vote against his guy, and we all know who that guy has to be.
there are quite a few folks that think that trumpet is doing the lord's work, and doing it quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.