Strange Timing

Thread: Strange Timing

Question Strange Timing

All the negative remarks about coach Saban, has appeared at a really strange time. It is no secret, the entire football world wanted Bama to lose the NCG last year. The negative comments made by former players, sure did hit the media, right in the middle of recruiting. Also, the coaches that say Saban is overrated, also appeared in the middle of recruiting. Anyone that doesn't think those kinds of things have an effect on recruiting are wrong. Currently Bama has 10 commits, and not a single 5 star, and are ranked #44 I think. It has been a long time, since I remember Bama being ranked that low at this juncture in the recruiting process, and I say the negativity, is the primary reason.

2. Advertisement

Re: Strange Timing

These articles come out this time every year. Has nothing to do with our recruiting.

And we're ranked in the 20s now. And the main reason is the staff is being extremely picky this class. We've discussed it several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Flawed theory. No causation there. Alabama is having to be selective out of necessity due to a lower-than-usual number of available spots this cycle. In many cases I suspect that the blue-chip recruits are just not commtting early. That is a major factor in our current ranking. Our numbers will shoot up come February. Saban is the ultimate closer in recruiting. A few click-bait articles will not sway the players we are looking to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick2017 View Post
    All the negative remarks about coach Saban, has appeared at a really strange time. It is no secret, the entire football world wanted Bama to lose the NCG last year. The negative comments made by former players, sure did hit the media, right in the middle of recruiting. Also, the coaches that say Saban is overrated, also appeared in the middle of recruiting. Anyone that doesn't think those kinds of things have an effect on recruiting are wrong. Currently Bama has 10 commits, and not a single 5 star, and are ranked #44 I think. It has been a long time, since I remember Bama being ranked that low at this juncture in the recruiting process, and I say the negativity, is the primary reason.
    You do realize our rating/player is higher than any team in the SEC and we are in play for a lot of 5*/4* players that we will either flip or get a commitment from, right? As RTR91 said we are being very selective and taking our time. Take off your tin foil hat and enjoy the process .

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar

It's funny how some get nervous if Bama isn't #1 in recruiting all year. It doesn't matter until Signing Day where Bama is in recruiting. Have the faith, guys.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

One thing I've learned over the last 10 years:
    As long as Nick Saban is HC at Alabama, I don't have to worry about recruiting. Ever.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

BamaNation First Team

Even if Bama doesn't rank in the top 10 in recruiting, with the low numbers (and several 3 stars) the coaches like (and feel like they fit our system/needs) if they are allowed to commit.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Teaser. Been getting worse lately from some of the newbs.