Strange Timing

Rick2017

Jan 22, 2017
All the negative remarks about coach Saban, has appeared at a really strange time. It is no secret, the entire football world wanted Bama to lose the NCG last year. The negative comments made by former players, sure did hit the media, right in the middle of recruiting. Also, the coaches that say Saban is overrated, also appeared in the middle of recruiting. Anyone that doesn't think those kinds of things have an effect on recruiting are wrong. Currently Bama has 10 commits, and not a single 5 star, and are ranked #44 I think. It has been a long time, since I remember Bama being ranked that low at this juncture in the recruiting process, and I say the negativity, is the primary reason.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
These articles come out this time every year. Has nothing to do with our recruiting.

And we're ranked in the 20s now. And the main reason is the staff is being extremely picky this class. We've discussed it several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Flawed theory. No causation there. Alabama is having to be selective out of necessity due to a lower-than-usual number of available spots this cycle. In many cases I suspect that the blue-chip recruits are just not commtting early. That is a major factor in our current ranking. Our numbers will shoot up come February. Saban is the ultimate closer in recruiting. A few click-bait articles will not sway the players we are looking to sign.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
All the negative remarks about coach Saban, has appeared at a really strange time. It is no secret, the entire football world wanted Bama to lose the NCG last year. The negative comments made by former players, sure did hit the media, right in the middle of recruiting. Also, the coaches that say Saban is overrated, also appeared in the middle of recruiting. Anyone that doesn't think those kinds of things have an effect on recruiting are wrong. Currently Bama has 10 commits, and not a single 5 star, and are ranked #44 I think. It has been a long time, since I remember Bama being ranked that low at this juncture in the recruiting process, and I say the negativity, is the primary reason.
You do realize our rating/player is higher than any team in the SEC and we are in play for a lot of 5*/4* players that we will either flip or get a commitment from, right? As RTR91 said we are being very selective and taking our time. Take off your tin foil hat and enjoy the process :).

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
It's funny how some get nervous if Bama isn't #1 in recruiting all year. It doesn't matter until Signing Day where Bama is in recruiting. Have the faith, guys.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
One thing I've learned over the last 10 years:
As long as Nick Saban is HC at Alabama, I don't have to worry about recruiting. Ever.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
Even if Bama doesn't rank in the top 10 in recruiting, with the low numbers (and several 3 stars) the coaches like (and feel like they fit our system/needs) if they are allowed to commit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.