Thoughts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Re: Thoughts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Possibly. Contrary to what he has said publicly and CW, I DO think Bob would at least consider re-entering coaching IF one of a very small, select group of jobs came open and they approached him with a lucrative deal and the timing was right.
    If he got back into coaching it wouldn't be at a fish bowl program like Bama or Ohio St. His father died of a heart attack at a relatively young age (54) and this has been something that has been on Stoops' mind for many, many years. Hence his retirement from OU at 52. So that is on the forefront of his mind. If it stays on the forefront of his mind why in the world would he go to a school where the moment you ink your name the stress begins? I just don't see it. But I've been wrong many, many times before.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    If he got back into coaching it wouldn't be at a fish bowl program like Bama or Ohio St. His father died of a heart attack at a relatively young age (54) and this has been something that has been on Stoops' mind for many, many years. Hence his retirement from OU at 52. So that is on the forefront of his mind. If it stays on the forefront of his mind why in the world would he go to a school where the moment you ink your name the stress begins? I just don't see it. But I've been wrong many, many times before.
    It sounds like he means it too, unlike Coach Urban Myer who stepped away for "health concerns".

Yah, I know most coaches are good at saying one thing while meaning something else, but I get the feeling Stoops might really be done.
    “Namath is still Namath, but I must say that our guys were nice to him. I noticed when they knocked him down, they helped him to his feet. That was gentlemanly. I thought one stood around long enough to get his autograph.” - John McKay

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Yah, I know most coaches are good at saying one thing while meaning something else, but I get the feeling Stoops might really be done.
    I agree and, if he would even take on the SEC, I doubt his effectiveness. He has a pretty decent record against B12 opponents, but in bowl games, he's an even .500. That's nothing to brag about. It seems to say that, when he gets outside his conference, he gets exposed...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I agree and, if he would even take on the SEC, I doubt his effectiveness. He has a pretty decent record against B12 opponents, but in bowl games, he's an even .500. That's nothing to brag about. It seems to say that, when he gets outside his conference, he gets exposed...
    Ironic a defensive coordinator who helped Darth Visor get his championship owned an offense happy conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

FB | BB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Ironic a defensive coordinator who helped Darth Visor get his championship owned an offense happy conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    His early OU teams took over with defense and a methodical air raid approach that still tried to create a little balance.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    His early OU teams took over with defense and a methodical air raid approach that still tried to create a little balance.
    Whatever, I don't want him. One thing's certainly missing and that's passion for the game. Or he wouldn't be retired so young. Nothing morally wrong with that, just wouldn't make him a good hire...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Second Team

Don't know if this belongs in this thread...

I happened to catch Dabo on Sirius this afternoon and he said he has never signed a juco player. Wondering if this is true and if it's an advantage in recruiting? He was mentioning it in the context of their commitment to develop players. Dabo has recruited at a high level recently.

BamaNation All-American

I think we can just remove the "Bama" from that and be accurate. Success brings arrogance to the human condition pretty regularly. But, I'm not offended by that, because I think it's true. Bama fans have a well earned reputation for being a bit arrogant, a rep shared by many fanbases.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Am I the only one that takes offense to this?

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Despite the NCAA insistence, look at what happened to OU against USC in the Orange Bowl...
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...