Thoughts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Total mystery game to me. Either could win. No one's really certain about the positive's or negatives of either.
If I had to pick it would be Clemson simply because they're playing at home.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Re: Thoghts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game

I hope the barn wins on a pick/rub play!

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

So:
1. Clemson has better athletes on both sides of ball
2. Clemson is at home; strong
3. Venables is better than Steele
4. Dabo is MUCH better than Gus

Clemson covers; LOCK

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Can they both lose? Screw Allbarn and Dabo... Bama ties or not, Dumbo can go jump in that lake. Speaking of overrated coaches. That will be a game full of overrated coaches.
So a guy who beat the two best coaches of the current generation (8 combined titles) in less than two weeks in consecutive games is overrated?

In four CFP games Dabo is 3-1 and beaten 3 national champ coaches (9 overall) and lost by five in the other.

Dabo is the #3 coach in the game right now.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
So a guy who beat the two best coaches of the current generation (8 combined titles) in less than two weeks in consecutive games is overrated?

In four CFP games Dabo is 3-1 and beaten 3 national champ coaches (9 overall) and lost by five in the other.

Dabo is the #3 coach in the game right now.
and inching close to number 2

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There are only 2 teams in America that scare me when we play them, Alabama and Clemson. We might lose other games, but Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State are a level above right now. Clemson is going to destroy Auburn.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

So:
1. Clemson has better athletes on both sides of ball
2. Clemson is at home; strong
3. Venables is better than Steele
4. Dabo is MUCH better than Gus

Clemson covers; LOCK
Clemson had all of those last year except the home field, and AU managed to hang tough. I think Clemson should win this game by 10-14, but AU seems to manage to hang around at times. Personally, i am hoping Dabo beats them by 50 and in his interview at the end of game says that the win is all about the Clemson Tigers but that he has to say one little Roll Tide just for old times sake. That would be classic.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

I think there has been some misinterpretation of my OP

First - Dabo is, was, and always will be a Bama man. He is also a Clemson Man now, and may be for the rest of his career. But he is a Bama Man - my brother went to HS with him, he ate with us, and I stopped by to see him in Clemson spring two years ago - he was gracious as ever. He is a different sort of dude, as compared to a guy like Coach Saban.

But I assure you he has extreme dislike for auburn, and my op meant to infer that, GIVEN THE SITUATION AND OPPORTUNITY, Dabo will show auburn little mercy.
I went to HS there too and know Dabo from my time there. I'm curious as to who your brother is.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

Dabo, grew up in Bama. Whether he admits it or not this game will mean more to him. I know it would me .

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I hope Clemson and Dabo kill 'em!!!!!

The Barn fans would be intolerable if they beat Clemson and since they seem to thrive off of hype and momentum, give me Clemson all day long!!!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I'm thinking Dabo and Clemson's players have a big chip on their shoulders right now. They are the 'Defending' National Champions ranked #3 directly behind the exact two teams they JUST beat to win that NC.

I predict they make a statement this weekend and it's going to be at AU's expense.

Clemson will win by at least 21 points and if they can win by more (running it up late) Dabo will go for it. We will enjoy it until.....

Post-Game when he will run his mouth about having a 2-game winning streak against teams from 'that state' and we will take umbrage.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Ok - I know Dabo loves his team, players, Clemson, and the fact he won the National Title.

BUT - Dabo is a Bama guy through and through, and as such, think there had to be a bit of a bittersweet element to that game. There is no doubt in my mind that Alabama is the last team he would have picked to beat - sure, there is the element of measuring yourself against the best, and kind of prove something to the home folks (Toby Keith says "How do you like me now?"). But given teh choice, I believe Dabo would have least wanted to bring pain and hurt to the one he loves. And I am certain there are numerous programs Dabo would have RELISHED and CHERISHED beating in that ultimate dramatic fashion.

SO...

Dabo knows Bama nation suffered last January. And I believe he sees an opportunity in week 2 to perhaps erase some of that hurt for Bama fans, a chance to do us a solid, if you will, by beating auburn. He hates auburn, make no mistake. Hates.

AND IF the opportunity presents itself, if Clemson gets up on auburn, and that crowd is rollicking and resonating, look for Dabo to slam the pedal to the metal. There will be no mercy. There will be no quarter.

And I believe if that scenario plays out, there will be a part of him saying...

"That was for you, Lichtenstein..."
I really think you are making too much of Dabo's ties to Alabama.
Alabama in the NC game was "the opponent." It was his job to beat the opponent.
Auburn, this weekend is, "the opponent." It is his job to beat the opponent.

To check my logic, do you think Coach Saban felt conflicted when he beat Kent State? I don't. They were his opponent and it was his job to beat his opponent.

tidegrandpa

All-American
I really think you are making too much of Dabo's ties to Alabama.
Alabama in the NC game was "the opponent." It was his job to beat the opponent.
Auburn, this weekend is, "the opponent." It is his job to beat the opponent.

To check my logic, do you think Coach Saban felt conflicted when he beat Kent State? I don't. They were his opponent and it was his job to beat his opponent.
Your logic is solid TW, but the the Sherman Tank Saban created could not have been reduced in one week to a rickshaw.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I like Clemson as a program, generally speaking. I grew up in SC and have many friends who are Clemson fans, and though the gamecocks hate to admit it Clemson is the historically dominant team in the state.

And I am tired of hearing about how Clemson is such a great team, blah blah Dabo blah blah. It doesn't bother me one way or the other who wins, but I would be tickled pink if Clemson lost to AU in their first meaningful game as defending national champions. We will deal with Auburn ourselves one way or the other.

I expect Clemson to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.