Thoughts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
I could care less.... But if I had a say so.... They would both lose. Maybe a sink hole could swallow both programs. Don't care for Barney #1 or Barney #2. Don't care for Malzapahn or blabo either.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
We might lose that game, but I am not afraid of them. They are too inconsistent and they have an unproven head coach in his first year.
He (the new OU HC) also lost the "fake heart attack" battle 1 to 0.....so you guys have the leg up on that one too. ;)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: Thoghts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game

Clemson had all of those last year except the home field, and AU managed to hang tough. I think Clemson should win this game by 10-14, but AU seems to manage to hang around at times. Personally, i am hoping Dabo beats them by 50 and in his interview at the end of game says that the win is all about the Clemson Tigers but that he has to say one little Roll Tide just for old times sake. That would be classic.
AU's home cooking won't be a factor this Saturday... :cool2:

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

We might lose that game, but I am not afraid of them. They are too inconsistent and they have an unproven head coach in his first year.
My fiancee is a huge OU fan as is her whole family but I wouldn't be afraid of them this year. I think there is a chance for them to win this year if they can find creative ways to use that big TE of theirs but I would put money on Ohio State. It seems to me that the "best OL in College Football" are often overrated/a or 2 behind the best DLs in college football. I would expect your DL to be dominate in the 2nd half.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Ok - I know Dabo loves his team, players, Clemson, and the fact he won the National Title.

BUT - Dabo is a Bama guy through and through, and as such, think there had to be a bit of a bittersweet element to that game ...
That's a nice romantic thought but I don't think Dabo cares. In fact, I think he wanted to beat Bama. If I was the coach for any other team not Bama, I would want to beat them.

All that being said, I hope Auburn beats the brakes off 'em but I don't think it's gonna happen. I'm thinking another clumsy game for both with Clemson winning by 7-10 points.

With FSU out for probably the rest of the season, I think Dabo will have Clemson back on the cusp of another playoff but this time they get stopped by either Ohio State or us in the first round.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I tend to think Auburn pulls off the upset and gets the hype train going on Stidham. Clemson's defense ought to be good though. Don't trust the QB situation Dabo has this year.
From what I saw of Kelly Bryant, Clemson will be fine at quarterback for the next few years. We shall see how it turns out...leaning Clemson now.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Barn fans get their wake up call this weekend. Stidham, when at Baylor, looked great against bad defenses but average against good ones. Last week's defense vs this week's are two different animals. Hell throw at least 2 picks helping Clemson win easily.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

From what I saw of Kelly Bryant, Clemson will be fine at quarterback for the next few years. We shall see how it turns out...leaning Clemson now.
I agree. I wish Saban could switch Trevor Lawrence from Clemson commit to BAMA next year. He took a helicopter to Cartersville High last year but so far it hasn't worked. To have Jalen, Tua, and Trevor would be awesome. I watched Trevor play on tv a few weeks ago when they played the team from Florida, and he is as good as advertised.

I think I am pulling for Clemson to beat Auburn just so Auburn will have more losses on their schedule--that being said, if we do make it to the playoffs again as Clemson probably will, that will be another nail biter!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I want Auburn to lose by a lot, just so they will shut-up about how awesome Stidham is. I want their souls crushed. Clemson can lose to a middling ACC team like they should have last year.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I'm kind of liking the sink hole suggestion. API might beat them down in the pasture where all sorts of weird stuff goes on. Wouldn't bet on it but I expect Clemson to win at home.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I agree. I wish Saban could switch Trevor Lawrence from Clemson commit to BAMA next year. He took a helicopter to Cartersville High last year but so far it hasn't worked. To have Jalen, Tua, and Trevor would be awesome. I watched Trevor play on tv a few weeks ago when they played the team from Florida, and he is as good as advertised.

I think I am pulling for Clemson to beat Auburn just so Auburn will have more losses on their schedule--that being said, if we do make it to the playoffs again as Clemson probably will, that will be another nail biter!
This would be great but it would trigger a sentiment among some that Lawrence should be the starter and that Jalen and Tua will transfer :wink:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Maybe a sink hole could swallow both programs.
Too good for both of them.

Think BIG! Maybe a black hole could materialize, and suck up both of them.

In fact, it could take the entire state of South Cackalackey, and few would miss it.

We probably won't be that lucky. At least not in this lifetime.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama

Auburn's defense looked good holding Clemson to 285 yards and 14 points, but their offense was down right anemic. Auburn had a grand total of 117 yards of offense for the entire game, and most of those yards came in the first quarter. Twice Auburn had the ball inside the Clemson five-yard line in the first quarter, and twice they settled for field goals. That was the difference in the game tonight. Auburn left 8 points on the field, and they lost by 8. Overall, I'm not impressed by this Auburn team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.