Thoughts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game
Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American PitMaster's Avatar

Thoughts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game

Ok - I know Dabo loves his team, players, Clemson, and the fact he won the National Title.

BUT - Dabo is a Bama guy through and through, and as such, think there had to be a bit of a bittersweet element to that game. There is no doubt in my mind that Alabama is the last team he would have picked to beat - sure, there is the element of measuring yourself against the best, and kind of prove something to the home folks (Toby Keith says "How do you like me now?"). But given teh choice, I believe Dabo would have least wanted to bring pain and hurt to the one he loves. And I am certain there are numerous programs Dabo would have RELISHED and CHERISHED beating in that ultimate dramatic fashion.

SO...

Dabo knows Bama nation suffered last January. And I believe he sees an opportunity in week 2 to perhaps erase some of that hurt for Bama fans, a chance to do us a solid, if you will, by beating auburn. He hates auburn, make no mistake. Hates.

AND IF the opportunity presents itself, if Clemson gets up on auburn, and that crowd is rollicking and resonating, look for Dabo to slam the pedal to the metal. There will be no mercy. There will be no quarter.

And I believe if that scenario plays out, there will be a part of him saying...

"That was for you, Lichtenstein..."

2. Advertisement

Re: Thoghts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game

Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    BUT - Dabo is a Bama guy through and through, ]
    Is that the same through and through guy that's pulling for FSU vs Bama? I'm fine with a tie. It's a case of who do I want to lose more. And aside from wants, a crappy auburn nearly beat Clemson last year with the greatest qb Clemson had. I don't think Clemson wins, pure and simple. In fact, I'm on full on they lose 3 in regular season mindset.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

The barn will beat the barn with a lake.

BamaNation All-American

well, they are breaking in a new QB.. I doubt they are concerned about that and are more concerned with getting the win

I think Auburn wins pretty easily. They will start crowing about how they beat the team we couldn't during the same (calendar) year. Watson is reimagined as a "system" QB, so it's essentially the same team we lost to. Also, Clemson beat FSU last year so our win over the 'Noles will mean nothing. Stidham's Heisman campaign really gets going. We will have to hear about it all season long.....

...until we smash them in November!
    Last edited by TampaTide813; August 13th, 2017 at 01:12 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I think Clemson beats Auburn by 14.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Dabo is not thinking of Bama. Dabo is thinking of Dabo and right now he is making his hay at Clempson. I'd like to believe that the battle of the Barns would favor the SEC team but I think Clempson has recruited better, has the better coaching staff and, frankly, is riding a momentum as an emerging national power. They did, after all, return the championship game two years in a row winning it the second go around against The National Power. They will struggle with a new QB in this game but so will little barney in West GA.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

My care button seems to be missing at the moment
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I think Clemson beats Auburn by 14.
    I am hoping Clemson smashes Auburn and Auburn's QB issue becomes a full blown controversy and falls completely apart this year. Of course, that's just me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    I guess the original poster felt there was not enough talk about Auburn on this Alabama website.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    I am hoping Clemson smashes Auburn and Auburn's QB issue becomes a full blown controversy and falls completely apart this year. Of course, that's just me.
    Well, that's a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    I agree. If asked to pick, Auburn by 6-9 points.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but never preserved except in memory LLAP" Leonard Nimoy

Football, Basketball Moderator

Saw some early betting lines. Clemson was favored between 5.5 and 7, depending on the source and date. Bigger numbers at later dates. But last was late July. TIFWIW.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.