Thoughts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game

hwy280

Aug 4, 2017
Auburn
Re: Thoghts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game

I'll read ITAT to see if they were declared national champions or if they woulda coulda shoulda.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Does anyone know much about Clemson's QB this year? That's my biggest worry. The bright side is that Clemson's DL should give Stidham nightmares.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

I don't understand the "I don't care" comments, unless it's the Dabo angle. It's August and I'm clamoring for CFB. This will be a game I keep a close eye on. I think Clemson by 3.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

I don't understand the "I don't care" comments, unless it's the Dabo angle. It's August and I'm clamoring for CFB. This will be a game I keep a close eye on. I think Clemson by 3.
I think they just mean they dislike both teams and don't have a strong preference over who wins, not that the game isn't worth watching.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

I think there has been some misinterpretation of my OP

First - Dabo is, was, and always will be a Bama man. He is also a Clemson Man now, and may be for the rest of his career. But he is a Bama Man - my brother went to HS with him, he ate with us, and I stopped by to see him in Clemson spring two years ago - he was gracious as ever. He is a different sort of dude, as compared to a guy like Coach Saban.

But I assure you he has extreme dislike for auburn, and my op meant to infer that, GIVEN THE SITUATION AND OPPORTUNITY, Dabo will show auburn little mercy.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I don't care who wins.....I really don't. It would be nice to have Clemson lose to get them off the radar early. But, I can't pull for Auburn to win anything. So -- I figure ultimately, my life changes little regardless of who wins.

I'm clamoring for Bama football.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I'm sorry, but no "Bama man" pulls for FSU over Alabama as Dabo has said that he will be doing. He is saying what his conference wants to hear, but it strikes him off the list of "Bama men" until he proves otherwise. Seriously, how hard would it have been for him to say, "I love the ACC, but Alabama is home"?

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

This reminds me of the piece Ivan Maisel did on Bobby Bowden years ago and what a huge Bama fan he is. CBB talked about wanting to just go sit in he stands and BDS and enjoy the game like a fan. His closing comments in the piece were "I hope we ain't playing Florida State."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I suspect Clemson's D will put the clamps on the Auburn O - the question is whether Steele's D is up to stopping Clemson. When looking at those match-ups, my gut tells me Clemson squeaks by with he W.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

I'm sorry, but no "Bama man" pulls for FSU over Alabama as Dabo has said that he will be doing. He is saying what his conference wants to hear, but it strikes him off the list of "Bama men" until he proves otherwise. Seriously, how hard would it have been for him to say, "I love the ACC, but Alabama is home"?
He is putting on a front for conference solidarity - believe, or not, choice it is yours.

It will not change the fact

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Because FSU is on his schedule and he wants to avoid bulletin board material for his opponent...?

He truly does love Bama and would crawl on his hands and knees to coach the Tide when Coach Saban eventually retires...:cool2:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Because FSU is on his schedule and he wants to avoid bulletin board material for his opponent...?
It would become bulletin board material that Dabo is pulling for his alma mater against an in conference rival?

My take is that Dabo is exactly what he appears to be - a man who says what people want to hear.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Can they both lose? Screw Allbarn and Dabo... Bama ties or not, Dumbo can go jump in that lake. Speaking of overrated coaches. That will be a game full of overrated coaches.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Speaking of overrated coaches. That will be a game full of overrated coaches.
Wow, back to back CFP final appearances and you want to call Dabo overrated?

Hahahahahah

Sorry, but that's simply preposterous. I don't care for Dabo's style, nor do I want to see him at Bama (for multiple reasons) - but he didn't fake his way into back-to-back CFP championship games...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Unless you want to hear barners brag about how they beat the team we couldn't, you better hope Clemson wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I'm predicting Clemson wins by at least 14. Sure they lost their QB but they have recruited very well. Gus is a very overrated coach. That defense AU had last year was a fluke.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.