Thoughts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Ok - I know Dabo loves his team, players, Clemson, and the fact he won the National Title.

BUT - Dabo is a Bama guy through and through, and as such, think there had to be a bit of a bittersweet element to that game. There is no doubt in my mind that Alabama is the last team he would have picked to beat - sure, there is the element of measuring yourself against the best, and kind of prove something to the home folks (Toby Keith says "How do you like me now?"). But given teh choice, I believe Dabo would have least wanted to bring pain and hurt to the one he loves. And I am certain there are numerous programs Dabo would have RELISHED and CHERISHED beating in that ultimate dramatic fashion.

SO...

Dabo knows Bama nation suffered last January. And I believe he sees an opportunity in week 2 to perhaps erase some of that hurt for Bama fans, a chance to do us a solid, if you will, by beating auburn. He hates auburn, make no mistake. Hates.

AND IF the opportunity presents itself, if Clemson gets up on auburn, and that crowd is rollicking and resonating, look for Dabo to slam the pedal to the metal. There will be no mercy. There will be no quarter.

And I believe if that scenario plays out, there will be a part of him saying...

"That was for you, Lichtenstein..."

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Re: Thoghts on Dabo, Clemson and the auburn game

BUT - Dabo is a Bama guy through and through, ]
Is that the same through and through guy that's pulling for FSU vs Bama? I'm fine with a tie. It's a case of who do I want to lose more. And aside from wants, a crappy auburn nearly beat Clemson last year with the greatest qb Clemson had. I don't think Clemson wins, pure and simple. In fact, I'm on full on they lose 3 in regular season mindset.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014

I think Auburn wins pretty easily. They will start crowing about how they beat the team we couldn't during the same (calendar) year. Watson is reimagined as a "system" QB, so it's essentially the same team we lost to. Also, Clemson beat FSU last year so our win over the 'Noles will mean nothing. Stidham's Heisman campaign really gets going. We will have to hear about it all season long.....

...until we smash them in November!

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Dabo is not thinking of Bama. Dabo is thinking of Dabo and right now he is making his hay at Clempson. I'd like to believe that the battle of the Barns would favor the SEC team but I think Clempson has recruited better, has the better coaching staff and, frankly, is riding a momentum as an emerging national power. They did, after all, return the championship game two years in a row winning it the second go around against The National Power. They will struggle with a new QB in this game but so will little barney in West GA.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Saw some early betting lines. Clemson was favored between 5.5 and 7, depending on the source and date. Bigger numbers at later dates. But last was late July. TIFWIW.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I know we're all pulling for the barn with the lake, but if the lakeless barn had won last year we might have won the national championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

Dabo is a Bama guy through and through, and as such, think there had to be a bit of a bittersweet element to that game. There is no doubt in my mind that Alabama is the last team he would have picked to beat.....
My friend if you believe a word of that, I have some property on Lake Hartwell to sell you. There is not a team in the country he would have rather beaten than Alabama. This fuels his "cult" and verifies in their minds they are the top program in the country, and he's the best coach. You don't have to ask them, they will tell you anyway. Would not bother me for a minute if aubbie beats klempsun.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

My friend if you believe a word of that, I have some property on Lake Hartwell to sell you. There is not a team in the country he would have rather beaten than Alabama. This fuels his "cult" and verifies in their minds they are the top program in the country. You don't have to ask them, they will tell you anyway. Would not bother me for a minute if Aubbie beats klempsun.
I agree.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I tend to think Auburn pulls off the upset and gets the hype train going on Stidham. Clemson's defense ought to be good though. Don't trust the QB situation Dabo has this year.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I'm gonna pull for Auburn to win 4 to 2.
2 safeties to 1. I don't really want either to score a TD.

I don't want to hear either 'Jaybird' crow about their victory.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Both of these teams are very good at the LOS. Clemson has a much better head coach, but returns none of its skill players on offense. I'm just not sure how they score in this game.

While Clemson should be a huge favorite, I think that Auburn's defense will be too far ahead of Clemson's offense this early in the season. I think that Auburn wins in a low scoring affair.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.