Need help getting ants out of car
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

Need help getting ants out of car

I have ants in my car and can't figure out where they are coming from. Afraid to just randomly spray insecticide because of the smell and possibility of taking the paint off.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Re: Need help getting ants out of car

Ant eater? Ants follow a trail left by other ants. If they are coming from outside the car watch for a train of ants and break the trail with some bug spray
    I've had good luck with this company. Love the name---Pest Mall. Visions of thousands of shopping insects.

http://www.pestmall.com/ant-control-products/

Clean out your car.

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    I have ants in my car and can't figure out where they are coming from. Afraid to just randomly spray insecticide because of the smell and possibility of taking the paint off.
    Terro liquid baits have done the job for me in the past. Just don't let them turn over.
    Just a barner.

Oh, you think the scandals are your ally? You merely adopted the scandal. I was born in it, molded by it.

You need to find out why they are there and remove that. Could be anything from an old Big Mac to a dead critter.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

I recommend fire - and lots of it. Go with a scorched earth policy. Send a message!
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

Car is generally clean. We've vacuumed it 3 times since this started last Tuesday. I cannot find a trail in the garage, my wife seems to think they entered the car in the parking deck at her work.
    I have seen them come out from under molding on top of the car, been running along side the bottom of a door, and this morning they came out from where the mirror adjoins the car. I saw them runnin around the battery yesterday. We've cleaned the car and waxed it to kill any trails they may have made. When they show up, it's only a couple dozen at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    Ant eater? Ants follow a trail left by other ants. If they are coming from outside the car watch for a train of ants and break the trail with some bug spray
    I've had good luck with this company. Love the name---Pest Mall. Visions of thousands of shopping insects.

http://www.pestmall.com/ant-control-products/

Clean out your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I recommend fire - and lots of it. Go with a scorched earth policy. Send a message!
    that only works on houses

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fayettev...rning-georgia/
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Your car look like this?

Your car look like this before you cleaned it?

I googled ants in car. Lots of sites.

https://pestrevenge.com/how-to-get-r...s-in-your-car/

This site recommended treating the tires with insecticide and putting bait stations in the car. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Lookee here you anti-government nit wit. We are trying to help a Tide Brethren with a problem. Try and be serious!

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Terro liquid baits have done the job for me in the past. Just don't let them turn over.
    I have used this stuff around the house and it does a good job. Like Dub said, don't let the liquid spill out.
    "I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

Get some boric acid and mix it about 1 part to 6 parts sugar, dissolved in water. Use something like an old pickle jar. Get some cotton balls and dip in the solution. Take a margarine tub - 2 from what you describe - and punch holes around the bottom for ant access. Place in their trail(s) inside the car. You can accelerate things a bit by taking damp sugar with your finger and smear on the holes, so they'll investigate sooner. They'll enter, snip off pieces of the poisoned cotton and take it back to their nest, wherever it may be, and poison the other ants and the queen. It'll take a few days, but they'll be gone. (BTW, this works in houses also.)
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Thank you for the tips. Part of my problem is that there are no trails. I know ants generally do this and you can find their source that way. They just randomly pop up on me which is frustrating.
    There has only been a few here and there inside the cabin but it's outside where they come out of crevices.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar