JessN: Previews 2017: Florida, Georgia and Kentucky

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
So a little different from the previous list of just going off the positions on the roster.
OK took me a couple minutes to figure out what your point was.

Correct me if I am wrong.

You are saying that just because we have x number of players on our roster - that isn't necessarily a reflection of quality or recruiting aptitude by that school's staff?

Was that the point you were making?

I never thought of it that way but maybe you are right.

I was just impressed we had that many on our roster....14 WR, 8 TE, 6 RB, 7 QB, and 19 OL.....and did not look to previous rosters but seems like that's an improvement - if nothing more - on depth.

IMHO, it was the injuries that impacted us more than anything else last season so hopefully this will shore us up a bit more.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

You are saying that just because we have x number of players on our roster - that isn't necessarily a reflection of quality or recruiting aptitude by that school's staff?

I was just impressed we had that many on our roster....14 WR, 8 TE, 6 RB, 7 QB, and 19 OL.....and did not look to previous rosters but seems like that's an improvement - if nothing more - on depth.

IMHO, it was the injuries that impacted us more than anything else last season so hopefully this will shore us up a bit more.
Just so long as you keep in mind that there is a huge difference between depth and quality depth.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Didn't really have a point. Just asking how many of those you listed were scholarship players because the numbers didn't add up.

That being said, quantity doesn't mean a thing if the quality isn't there.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just so long as you keep in mind that there is a huge difference between depth and quality depth.
Didn't really have a point. Just asking how many of those you listed were scholarship players because the numbers didn't add up.

That being said, quantity doesn't mean a thing if the quality isn't there.
Roger that guys.

At this point, I'm happy to have the bodies there period!

One game last season (I think it was South Carolina) we lost our starting center and the next series his replacement, the second string center, also went down so we played the rest of the game and season with the freshman 3rd string center.

Then there was Coach McElwain's first year with us when our kickers were so beat up we held tryouts for a walk-on kicker during the season. Remember "The Dentist"? :D

Crazy stuff!

Last edited:

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Would it be possible to get a few notes on what tips Georgia linebackers to a rank higher than Alabama's in your analysis. They must have a heckuva corps back there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.