Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes, but...........

When I recounted this event, to Mrs. C, she told me about all the stuff they were educated on, during teacher in-service days, just a few weeks back. Let's just say there is a lot of CYA going on, when it comes to spreading stuff on phones, these days. API took it to the extreme, but based on what she related to me, the kids could be in trouble for what they did.

Let's compromise and say 2 (or 3 or 4) wrongs don't make a right.

Having said all of that.............let the Plains burn! :biggrin2:
For what? Going to bed with a superior?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I have been hearing about bad things going on down there for a couple of years from travel ball parents at Bama softball games. It is not that the administration didn't know, it is they were winning and competing with us. The AU AD didn't want to know. I always thought it was funny that a national championship coach leaves his alma mater to coach at Auburn. Think about it, why would he leave a program that was always close to the top to go to an also ran team in the SEC. We now know it was so he could keep his son out of trouble at ASU.

Auburn has always lived by the motto" if you can't prove it, we didn't do it." Cover ups are a way of life down there. From Cam to AU softball hiring a coach with a history of sexual misconduct, This is Auburn thru and thru. Jay Jacobs must wear Teflon underwear to keep his job this long.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
For what? Going to bed with a superior?
not for that girl, but the other girls who showed text messages from her phone. If they had her phone, and showed those messages without her consent, that could be a problem for them. Could also be they had her phone and forwarded messages or took screenshots and sent to themselves. That could also be trouble for them. Basically anything they did that disclosed private conversations between the player directly involved and the coach. Of course they did this for all the right reasons, but there are some legal issues around that.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
not for that girl, but the other girls who showed text messages from her phone. If they had her phone, and showed those messages without her consent, that could be a problem for them. Could also be they had her phone and forwarded messages or took screenshots and sent to themselves. That could also be trouble for them. Basically anything they did that disclosed private conversations between the player directly involved and the coach. Of course they did this for all the right reasons, but there are some legal issues around that.
Is it against the law for a private citizen to read someone else's texts? Serious question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Yes, but...........

When I recounted this event, to Mrs. C, she told me about all the stuff they were educated on, during teacher in-service days, just a few weeks back. Let's just say there is a lot of CYA going on, when it comes to spreading stuff on phones, these days. API took it to the extreme, but based on what she related to me, the kids could be in trouble for what they did.

Let's compromise and say 2 (or 3 or 4) wrongs don't make a right.

Having said all of that.............let the Plains burn! :biggrin2:

Because I like to post this gif, don't really need a reason to do it. But Cuda,
thanks man....;)

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Yeah you have to keep it sufficiently nebulous. He was in a tough spot with that question. One of those a where a non-answer is itself an answer.
What does it say about an organization, when an assistant AD refers to her boss's comments as "unfortunate"?

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
'Dub in looking at that depth chart I think this is the first time in years I don't recognize even 1 of your WR's names. But, you guys usually have players there whose last names barely fit on the jersey....lol ;)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
'Dub in looking at that depth chart I think this is the first time in years I don't recognize even 1 of your WR's names.
They're a more talented group than they're given credit for. Just had no one to throw them the ball last year. On paper, that class was one of the best, if not the best, we've ever had at the position. Hopefully they break out this year.

But, you guys usually have players there whose last names barely fit on the jersey....lol ;)
Got another one of those this year. A kid I've been watching for years, no less. Have fun learning how to pronounce Iggy's name, since he's made the depth chart.

(For the uninitiated, it's Ig-bin-ah-geh-nee)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Educate me...

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
What does it say about an organization, when an assistant AD refers to her boss's comments as "unfortunate"?
Ipso facto that he ain't her boss for much longer...

Always thought Jacobs would be right at home in overhauls in the Roy Clark role on the remake of "Hee-Haw." Maybe he'll get an audition in a couple weeks...but he'll probably want to discuss his future first with Tim Curley and Graham Spanier.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.