Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don't think that's needed. His buyout is something like $32 million, and while the big money boosters want to win as badly as anyone, they're not dropping that kind of cash to get him out of there. Zero chance. I mean, if one of them donated $10 million to AU they'd literally name a building after him, if not an entire college.

People always act like the wealthy will sling money around like it grows on trees. In my experience, the reason the super wealthy have that much money is precisely the opposite - they spend when necessary, but they don't let emotion drive their spending habits.

I'd be beyond shocked if Auburn moved on this year - they made a catastrophic (or spectacular, depending on perspective) emotional move at the end of last year - one they likely cannot afford to back out of. In fact, I think they're stuck with Malzahn for at least three more years...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/7/17945514/gus-malzahn-buyout-auburn-contract
Nailed it...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The story goes his willingness to offer up the buyout is what pushed Leath over the edge in giving Gus the new contract.
If true, Harbert is an idiot. Pushing for a contract with a buyout like that is poor business...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Will they bring back Pat Dye (ala Fulmer) to lead the program out of the valley?
More or less they already have. Think about it... the two best coaches they’ve had since Dye (Buster and Tubby) have been at odds with Dye publicly and had swift ‘firings’. Then take into account they’ve replaced them with unproven coaches that knew how to talk barn. Coincidence??? I think not.

bat123

All-American
But..but.. they say Bama is the only school that does that, right up to controlling the SEC office because it’s in Birmingham, slam up to Mark Emmert.

LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes the guys in B'ham got uT's inside LB thrown out of the game and 1st half of the Bama game because they thought Tua was injured. I seriously read that on a barn board

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I just love they gave GUS the huge contract, and it appears they may end up 6-6. So the streak of not putting back to back 10 game win seasons will go on. They have had only one back to back 10 win seasons, under Tubbs. Bama now has what 10 back to back and soon to be 11 seasons straight with 10 plus win????? Bus chiz now gus will own Saban and west bahahahahahahhahahahahaha

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Yes the guys in B'ham got uT's inside LB thrown out of the game and 1st half of the Bama game because they thought Tua was injured. I seriously read that on a barn board
I read that as well! I also read a few posters stating “If it’s because Bama cheats, I want to cheat too!”

I used to get mad reading all the bovine excrement that the barn fans would spew talking trash about Bama. Now, I sit back with a grin the size of the Grinch who stole Christmas! Instead of toys being stolen, it’s their hopes and dreams!

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Just thinking about things from their perspective. They beat us in 2017 and Gus gets the big contract. Then, even though they beat us, we go on to win a National Championship. Then they have a bad year the following year and want out of their contract. So things are pretty normal down there I’d say.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.