Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
But..but.. they say Bama is the only school that does that, right up to controlling the SEC office because it’s in Birmingham, slam up to Mark Emmert.

LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My barn fan brother literally said at the end of the TN game that well you know Gus runs a clean program. Implying that we must be cheating to be so good for so long.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
My barn fan brother literally said at the end of the TN game that well you know Gus runs a clean program. Implying that we must be cheating to be so good for so long.
Just stroll on over to itat and read one of many threads about the cheating, steroid induced Bama machine. They are ate up with it!

It’s worth it for a good laugh!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Just thinking about things from their perspective. They beat us in 2017 and Gus gets the big contract. Then, even though they beat us, we go on to win a National Championship. Then they have a bad year the following year and want out of their contract. So things are pretty normal down there I’d say.

Same thing happened when Chizik got his NC...except they can't afford to boot Malzahn. :biggrin2:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just thinking about things from their perspective. They beat us in 2017 and Gus gets the big contract. Then, even though they beat us, we go on to win a National Championship. Then they have a bad year the following year and want out of their contract. So things are pretty normal down there I’d say.

You are correct. They react to Bama and that's always been their kryptomite and always will. We react to NCs but they react to us.

It's why they are and will always be "little brother."

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Just stroll on over to itat and read one of many threads about the cheating, steroid induced Bama machine. They are ate up with it!

It’s worth it for a good laugh!

That's how I felt after the "Honk if you sacked Brodie" game

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
S.N.A.S.S.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
This Auburn, I've seen this storybook before. How long did they pay Chizik to go away? I think some of you are going to be very surprised when Gus is fired in December. If he manages to lose this week to Ole Miss, the check books will start to open and he may not even last until December. I don't think there is a buyout big enough to keep them from throwing money around while chasing Bama's shadow.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
This Auburn, I've seen this storybook before. How long did they pay Chizik to go away? I think some of you are going to be very surprised when Gus is fired in December. If he manages to lose this week to Ole Miss, the check books will start to open and he may not even last until December. I don't think there is a buyout big enough to keep them from throwing money around while chasing Bama's shadow.
Man that would be sweet for them to pay 32 mil to make a 7-6/8-5 coach go away. Just think of Gus's performance over the years:

SEC streak of National championships from 2006-2012, broken by Auburn in 2013
SECW streak of winning the SEC from 2009-2016, broken by Auburn in 2017
TN streak of losing SEC games from 11/20/16 to 10/12/18, broken by Auburn in 2018
Gus post-season record: 2*-4

*Bham bowl & 2013 SEC

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
[FONT=&quot]"I'm not ruling out a change at the end of the season even though he (Malzahn) has a contract that has at least 38 million dollars in buyout money...from what I've been told, there's not much concern there when it comes to the money" - [/FONT]@bmarcello
In other words: "We grossly overpaid Gus, but we have no problem grossly overpaying to get rid of him so that we can grossly overpay the next overrated "hot commodity" coach that we can snow into putting up with the smell of cow manure."

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It's practically a long-standing tradition for them to keep paying coaches long after they've gone.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I guess I don’t understand why he can’t or won’t adapt. I know CNS is the master at it, but I mean quit the gimmicky crap and line up and play ball. But alas I hope they keep him for a while. :biggrin2:

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Is Lowder still in control down there?...I just haven’t kept up with it.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I said this last week and was roundly criticized (Coaches on the Hot Seat, maybe). I replied, “Let him lose to the Orange Puke and watch what happens.” His seat is hot now.
If they lose to Ole Spit, he’s gone. And I’m not sure they’ll wait until December.
Chad Lindsey would make a great head coach. (Blue font).

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
So should we hope the barn can squeak out a win against Ole Miss so Gussie can keep his job if he finishes 6-6, 5-7 might push them over the top. I guess we should but I would really like to witness the meltdown, can you imagine if they lose to Liberty who beat Troy last week.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I guess I don’t understand why he can’t or won’t adapt. I know CNS is the master at it, but I mean quit the gimmicky crap and line up and play ball. But alas I hope they keep him for a while. :biggrin2:
Jessica, I think there are a couple of things at work here, but IMO Gus is simply not very smart and lives in fear of people finding this out about him, so he sticks with what he knows to give the outward impression that he is an offensive genius.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
You are correct. They react to Bama and that's always been their kryptomite and always will. We react to NCs but they react to us.

To me, its more like a bad booger you can't shake off..

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So should we hope the barn can squeak out a win against Ole Miss so Gussie can keep his job if he finishes 6-6, 5-7 might push them over the top. I guess we should but I would really like to witness the meltdown, can you imagine if they lose to Liberty who beat Troy last week.
They may not win another game this year...
[emoji854]

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

It's so true and always has been. Their fans get chapped when you suggest it but deep down they know it's true. That's why their program is so up and down. Trying to keep up with big, bad Bama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.