Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Is Lowder still in control down there?...I just haven’t kept up with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure about Lowder but I know that Jimmy Raine (Yella Fella), Pat Dye, Bo Jackson and Charles Barkley are all involved. They treat the program like it's their own NFL franchise. Malzahn is their puppet. Same for Chizik and Tuberville before him.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Jessica, I think there are a couple of things at work here, but IMO Gus is simply not very smart and lives in fear of people finding this out about him, so he sticks with what he knows to give the outward impression that he is an offensive genius.
I agree that Gus is not very smart when it comes to leadership. Honestly, he is a poor leader. That is obvious and I knew that in his second year when things started going "not his way."

Today he parroted the "we have to improve" and "we have to get better" while saying "we are going to finish strong." So, basically he is saying the same thing he said before the Tennessee debacle, but today he added "Championship hopes are gone but we are playing for each other and the fans."

Last edited:

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Not sure about Lowder but I know that Jimmy Raine (Yella Fella), Pat Dye, Bo Jackson and Charles Barkley are all involved. They treat the program like it's their own NFL franchise. Malzahn is their puppet. Same for Chizik and Tuberville before him.
It amazes me that anyone would want to coach there with such a good ol’ boy network. Money talks I guess but I wouldn’t want to be anybody’s puppet.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Auburn is a strange program. It's almost as if they have a great team once every four years. Last year was their year. They had an all senior offensive line, great defense, stud running back and a reliable senior kicker. Stidham was also red hot the last half of the season. It was similar in 2010 and 2013. I honestly have no idea why people thought they would contend for the playoff this year after losing so much off last year's team. Alabama, on the other hand, contends every single year no matter what because of the man in charge.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Tubby wasn’t a puppet, and that’s what got him fired

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Don't forget, the Barn has had back-to-back 10-win seasons exactly once in their history.

They typically sandwich one good-to-great season between a couple of slightly above-average seasons and follow that with one or two terrible seasons - then rinse and repeat.

It's been decades since they've had fewer than three head coaches on their payroll in some form or fashion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Tubby was also the barn's coach at an opportune time, with Bama suffering through one of its darkest periods. He didn't last long once Nick's plane landed.
Tubs record was 85-40 in 9 seasons & other than the 13-0 & 11-2,he never won over 9 games. Passion is 100% - the only thing that kept him employed over the long haul was Bama’s down period and the fact that the never wanted to fire anyone that could beat us consistently- no matter how pedestrian most of his seasons were.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Now their boards are roasting Gus over the handling of freshman RB Asa Martin. They are saying the plan was to play him sparingly, redshirt him & give him a chance to get bigger and stronger. They now realize he has already played in FIVE games so redshirting him this year is out the window.

The gift that keeps on giving.....

Chechem

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2018
Deep South
Now their boards are roasting Gus over the handling of freshman RB Asa Martin. They are saying the plan was to play him sparingly, redshirt him & give him a chance to get bigger and stronger. They now realize he has already played in FIVE games so redshirting him this year is out the window.
Counting to 5 has never a strong suit for the Boogs. :pDT_old:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Like him or not Tubbs had some great results against Alabama
Only because Bama was crippled by severe sanctions. It's a miracle Bama could win any vs them at that time. And they never could pull away in any of their wins. They just had such superior talent most of the time that Bama could not overcome, though they played with great heart.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Tubs record was 85-40 in 9 seasons & other than the 13-0 & 11-2,he never won over 9 games. Passion is 100% - the only thing that kept him employed over the long haul was Bama’s down period and the fact that the never wanted to fire anyone that could beat us consistently- no matter how pedestrian most of his seasons were.

You know the Goobers could never take advantage of Bama going through the dark ages. Somehow they managed to blow it on the grand scale. True they had a winning streak against us but they did not take over college football. They blew it. Well not really. I guess I can't blame them for thinking they are like Bama when then are not like Bama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.