Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I am going to say it again; Auburn is the best bet of the day. They are much better than Ole Miss; this game will not be close. I still think Auburn can challenge both Georgia and Alabama. They have a lot of talent on that roster. If their QB has a good game they can beat anybody. He just hasn't played well this year. If he hits those open receivers against Miss St. , Auburn is still in top ten. And they choked against LSU. They were the better team.They have underachieved more than anybody in the country.
I think it truly just depends on whether Gus has fully lost the team or not. If he has they will struggle to beat anyone & will go down to Ole Miss. If not I expect they’ll have somewhat of a rally now that expectations have hit rock bottom.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I gotta think after all the years on the hot seat and all the meddling from the PTB down there on the Plains, that Gus is really enjoying this season in light of the contract he signed last year. If I were him, I would be thinking along the lines of Ray Liotta's character in Goodfellas:

1. Cancerous transfer QB? "**** you, pay me"
2. Bad O line? "**** you, pay me"
3. Embarrassing loss to the Vols? "**** you, pay me"

Revenge can be sweet.....
Or, fire me, you pay me. Although not very smart, Gus is truly in the "catbird seat".

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That won't help Auburn. Their failure to get the contact approved properly will not keep them from being held accountable in court and they know it. This is posturing for a buyout.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
That won't help Auburn. Their failure to get the contact approved properly will not keep them from being held accountable in court and they know it. This is posturing for a buyout.
Yep. Ambiguity in a contract typically favors the side that didn’t draft it. It’s not Mahlzan’s fault if they didn’t follow the proper procedure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Not sure how that all works but I assume his contract is with AU - funded by TUF. Sounds like it will be a huge mess if they do in fact decide to part ways. Malzahn will sue AU who will in turn probably have to sue TUF to get them to pony up the buyout. Unfortunately if AU ends up losing both sides of the lawsuits it could end up costing taxpayers money. Personally I don’t want to pay for that and would prefer they keep him- maybe even give him another extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Not sure how that all works but I assume his contract is with AU - funded by TUF. Sounds like it will be a huge mess if they do in fact decide to part ways. Malzahn will sue AU who will in turn probably have to sue TUF to get them to pony up the buyout. Unfortunately if AU ends up losing both sides of the lawsuits it could end up costing taxpayers money. Personally I don’t want to pay for that and would prefer they keep him- maybe even give him another extension.
Be honest - you don't want him getting fired. :biggrin:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
True. The bulk of his salary does not go through the university, thus the BOT approving it really doesn't matter on the bigger portion of the money. There was obviously intent on the part of the University, thus there is a Contract in place. Any junior lawyer could win this case in court and I am sure Sexton already knows this...

Sends a really bad message to whomever the next coach would be..

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Might should know but neurons not making the connection. Who/ what is TU or TUF ?
This is where the bagman gets the weekly payroll from...

Tiger Unlimited Fund. Also google the Never To Yield Foundation and check out there Mission Statement. The puzzle pieces will stat to come together for you. ;)

T Bone

1st Team
once again, upon reading and reflecting on all information available at this time, all i can deduct from this is.............wait for it...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TUF is a private organization that is not connected to the State in any. Won't cost the taxpayers a dime...

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Yeah, I think trying to argue that the contract isn't legit is pretty weak sauce. Guarantee you that if they had our record right now and Gustav was threatening to bolt for, say, the UCLA job they'd think that contract is ironclad.

Got to hurt to round up $30MM to get rid of him, another few million to get a successor, who is also going to want his money guaranteed, plus know that the guy who just took your preseason Top Ten team to the Belk Bowl got rich doing it.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.