Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The fact that they are entertaining this would suggest that the money is indeed a problem... ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Not sure how that all works but I assume his contract is with AU - funded by TUF. Sounds like it will be a huge mess if they do in fact decide to part ways. Malzahn will sue AU who will in turn probably have to sue TUF to get them to pony up the buyout. Unfortunately if AU ends up losing both sides of the lawsuits it could end up costing taxpayers money. Personally I don’t want to pay for that and would prefer they keep him- maybe even give him another extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say TUF counter sues Auburn if Leath and Auburn did indeed not follow the proper procedure.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I would say TUF counter sues Auburn if Leath and Auburn did indeed not follow the proper procedure.

Not happening. They are too connected at the hips.

That would be attacking the "fambly"...;)

It seems to me that the PTB that backed the deal with the buyout money never dreamed that the deal would turn sour this soon. They envisioned two or three years further down the road than this... LOL!!!

The next couple of months will be interesting indeed.

By the way, Leath only endorsed the State money, which would be around $250 K/ year...

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Which begs the question: the contract was announced 9 months ago. Why now is TUF questioning Leath’s authority to extend the contract? Three big reasons: LSU, MSU and UT.

If I’m Gus and Jimmy, I’m sitting back giggling and saying “Knock yourselves out...”

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Be honest - you don't want him getting fired. :biggrin:
No, of course, I want him gone. Gus scares the heck out of me! I just know it's only a matter of time before he rights that ship and starts owning Alabama, the SEC, and the rest of college football. He'll create a dynasty - if he's given enough time - that'll make people say "Alabama who?"

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
TUF is a private organization that is not connected to the State in any. Won't cost the taxpayers a dime...
I think the theory there is that Malzhan sues the Barn to get his money as outlined in his contract and wins. TUF also sues - or whatever the appropriate legal term is - the Barn in order to not have to pony up their end of the cash because the PTB at the Barn mishandled the contract approval process and wins. The end result is that the Barn is now liable for shelling out all of Gus' cash themselves - leaving the taxpayers to pick up the slack.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
This is where the bagman gets the weekly payroll from...

Tiger Unlimited Fund. Also google the Never To Yield Foundation and check out there Mission Statement. The puzzle pieces will stat to come together for you. ;)
The instant Gus got that extension, I said That makes sense, he knows about all the bought players circa 2010. The final takeaways from that situation will always be that one of these is true:
- Cam's Dad was offered $180k by MSU, he never told Cam, and so Cam went to AU due to the great program.
- Auburn outbid MSU. The OC would've known this at some level.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.