Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Just went on a three-hour tour of Gus's Isle and I could only shake my head in awe. A couple of Aubie boards are over the edge. Really.

If all I had to do was whine and gripe about another team I think I would switch to BB or something. I can sum up Aubie vocabularies in a few words. ...... cheats. ...... has the SEC office in their back pocket. ...... owns NCAA, Emmert is Saban's clown. ESPN loves some Bammers. Saban hand picked the CFP committee. It is sad to see a once legit rival in the throes of self-pity and wallowing in the ewe dung. Sad, very sad.
Redwood have you ever noticed they are like this every time they are having a bad year. Bama has ruined the college game and blah blah blah, officials, conspiracies etc. When they have a descent season they are the best there ever was Gus never cusses and is an offensive genius once again.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
At least give 'em credit for paying a lofty price ($49M) for their patheticism and not scrimping to reach their "goal."
Let's make a deal. Behind one door is a $49M gift card. Behind one door is a CFP. Behind the final door is a new car (Gus Bus). Which door will you choose, or had you rather take the bag of conspiracies instead?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think the perfect schedule for us would be AU in late Sept, 12RC on the 3rd Sat of October, and the Season Finale could be 7SU.

That's our main 3 'Rivals' right now and that would space them out to the end of each month.

I think we'd clobber AU that early every year and it would take the spoiler role away from them.....even if they win a game here or there it's so early on we could recover from it.

12RC will be our continual doormat no matter where they fall.

Then 7SU to end the year would be pretty sweet. We get more fired up for them than AU anyway.
It appears more likely that they will attempt to get the Georgia game moved. Either way, it's going to throw a major wrench into the rest of the schedule.

Is it just me or is Auburn become the whiniest bunch about the schedule rotation lately? It used to be LSU, from having to play Florida from the East every year while we drew Tennessee.

I think 1980s Pat Dye would slap these people in the face for suggesting changing the schedule. Or did he whine about it back then?

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
It appears more likely that they will attempt to get the Georgia game moved. Either way, it's going to throw a major wrench into the rest of the schedule.

Is it just me or is Auburn become the whiniest bunch about the schedule rotation lately? It used to be LSU, from having to play Florida from the East every year while we drew Tennessee.

I think 1980s Pat Dye would slap these people in the face for suggesting changing the schedule. Or did he whine about it back then?
He did...it was just hard to catch between the coughs.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Pat Dye is more than likely behind this push...;)

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
All of the Auburn fans in my family are calling for Gus to be fired, and they don't care about the enormous buy-out either. I swear Auburn fans are the worst. The instant their coach isn't winning as many games as they would like he has to go. It's the funniest thing. God only knows who they think they're going to get.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
All of the Auburn fans in my family are calling for Gus to be fired, and they don't care about the enormous buy-out either. I swear Auburn fans are the worst. The instant their coach isn't winning as many games as they would like he has to go. It's the funniest thing. God only knows who they think they're going to get.
With the money they will have left over after the buyout...nobody. ;)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Let's say the pull it off and fire Gus, as the previous poster asked, "Who do they get?"

Maybe a more important question is, "What kind of coach do they get?"

Remember when Auburn decided to try to play our brand of pro-set football? That was a huge mistake.

But then they go with a style of run and shoot, hurry up to outrun and tire our big OL and LBs and what do we do? CNS adjusts and now we are faster and leaner, but seemingly, just as strong and better with CNS adjustment. And now he's adjusted his offense to be as good as a Big 12 "we're gonna outscore you" type offense.

So what's Auburn to do? Gus' smoke and mirror and trickeration worked for a couple of seasons on us, but now we've adjusted so what "type" of coach do they hire (if they make a change)?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Believe it or not Kiffin is #1 on a lot of their lists....

The thought process is 'not only is he an offensive genius.... he has inside knowledge on how Bama operates....and in addition to that a desire to stick it to CNS'

A few have thrown around David Shaw's name but I can't see him making that move.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Let's say the pull it off and fire Gus, as the previous poster asked, "Who do they get?"

Maybe a more important question is, "What kind of coach do they get?"

Remember when Auburn decided to try to play our brand of pro-set football? That was a huge mistake.

But then they go with a style of run and shoot, hurry up to outrun and tire our big OL and LBs and what do we do? CNS adjusts and now we are faster and leaner, but seemingly, just as strong and better with CNS adjustment. And now he's adjusted his offense to be as good as a Big 12 "we're gonna outscore you" type offense.

So what's Auburn to do? Gus' smoke and mirror and trickeration worked for a couple of seasons on us, but now we've adjusted so what "type" of coach do they hire (if they make a change)?
They gotta look at the personnel and decide if they want a coach similar to Gus ( Lane Kiffin) or completely over haul the system... which would mean it would take 1 to 2 season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.