Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If there was ever a an athletic dept that needs to start from scratch it is Auburn. They need to change the culture there and bring in outside people who will right the ship. Unfortunately, that is not what they normally do in crisis situations. Auburn usually circles the wagons and buys silence from anyone who has dirt on them. This was a disaster waiting to happen when you hire a coach who apparently was running from the firing squad in Arizona.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Land of delusion, confusion, and contusion:

Auburn Message Board Roundup: 2017 Pre-Season Hype Edition-bamahammer

Each week during the 2017 season, BH will bring you the best that the Auburn message boards have to offer across the internet. This week, we find Auburn banging the drum of this year to be ‘the year.’

Don't take anything posted on tRant seriously. I haven't posted in a little while there, but I do have a handle and lurk it daily and saw that thread. There are some unabashed sunshine pumpers, but I know for a fact that many of those examples he quoted were just being ironic and goofy.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/jay_jacobs_failed_to_communica.html

Scarbo on the bumbling and fumbling by Auburn and Jacobs. BTW, in an earlier post I said the question about an "investigation" was posed by an Auburn Undercover reporter. It was actually a follow up question offered by James Crepea of AL.com.

No question this was a concerted effort by the Auburn administration to keep this quiet. Had the player not filed a sexual harassment complaint and the rest of the players kept their mouths shut, they would have continued to play the "Clint Myers Retired" charade.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/jay_jacobs_failed_to_communica.html

Scarbo on the bumbling and fumbling by Auburn and Jacobs. BTW, in an earlier post I said the question about an "investigation" was posed by an Auburn Undercover reporter. It was actually a follow up question offered by James Crepea of AL.com.

No question this was a concerted effort by the Auburn administration to keep this quiet. Had the player not filed a sexual harassment complaint and the rest of the players kept their mouths shut, they would have continued to play the "Clint Myers Retired" charade.
Crepea was on local radio today - sounded impressive, knowledgeable, and dogged. Not thinking it is looking good for auburn

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Word now is that Phillip "Baghdad Bob" Marshall is saying nothing will happen with Jacobs or the Assistant AD because they followed "protocol".

Plus the expectation that LF&W will ride in to rescue.
From the awbern playbook... :cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Don't take anything posted on tRant seriously. I haven't posted in a little while there, but I do have a handle and lurk it daily and saw that thread. There are some unabashed sunshine pumpers, but I know for a fact that many of those examples he quoted were just being ironic and goofy.
Dub - Were you ever on Tiger Droppings on the ATPB mega thread...? :cool2:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Auburn announces they have hired Lightfoot, Franklin, and white, to "help" with the investigation into softball LOL

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think Jay Jacobs may survive this, although barely. Pat Dye is basically his second Dad.
I don't see how.

Auburn fans wanted him gone before last season. Had a friend (AU grad) comment he figured the only reason the stadium renovations were released prior to the season was to give fans some excitement and weaken some of the heat on Jacobs.

Now, his best coaching hire is in the middle of a sexual misconduct cover up scandal.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A co-worker's daughter is going to Ohio State to play softball. I asked her mother if she had heard about the barn coach. She said she had and added that they knew him and weren't surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
http://www.theplainsman.com/article...-met-with-athletics-administrators-for-relief

Basically these girls were ignored. And Jacobs was an "absentee" after the initial allegations.

Don't see how he weathers this storm.
I don't see much difference between this and Baylor. Maybe Baylor was more widespread but they had coaches covering for players. Auburn has administration covering for coaches. Not much different IMO and if Baylor had to clean house, so should Auburn. Now they've brought in their star lawyers who will probably silence the the girls with scary legal words. Business as usual for these folks.

Auburn must have dirt on ESPN. Baylor and Penn State were national stories. Everything regarding sexual harassment makes national headlines these days yet the media has been mostly silent on AU's version of Baylor. I guess it's a "god thing" protecting the family.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.