Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
For many years I was one of those who thought it should be saved, and in the location where it has always been. Common sense and practicality now tells me that is a fools errand. I would really like to see a New Legion Field built somewhere in the metro Birmingham area, and I have no recommendation exactly where. If it can be on or near the UAB campus, that would seem to make sense, but the location needs to be more about the fans and access, traffic, parking and personal safety than anything else. The stadium also needs to be something that will make it a desirable destination in terms of the Birmingham Bowl and other events that might be forthcoming. The big issue that follows is how is it paid for. Good question, and someone else will have to provide the answer, I haven't a clue. But, the current site where Legion Field sits could begin to provide some help, as that real estate should be worth something, and if it is developed correctly, it might have a much more positive impact on the neighborhood than Legion Field is having now. [2¢]
The BJCC has already sold bonds to pay for a 45,000 seat stadium to be build adjacent to the Civic Center. Personally, I think that's a great location. You have hotels, meeting space, the Uptown entertainment area, Top Golf and easy access to the interstate. Hopefully the Super 7 can be held there too at some point.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
They said whenever this happened Gus had just got through jawing at one of the officials and he said "They better not fine me".
Negatory. Sanitized transcript received by the REC, er, SEC office shows ol' Duck, Duck, Göös whining: "They better not circular file me!" (Excowmation mark added for emphasis.)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The BJCC has already sold bonds to pay for a 45,000 seat stadium to be build adjacent to the Civic Center. Personally, I think that's a great location. You have hotels, meeting space, the Uptown entertainment area, Top Golf and easy access to the interstate. Hopefully the Super 7 can be held there too at some point.
I think the small stadium in that location will be a good think for B'ham. UAB and the SWAC teams could use it, and, of course, the HS playoffs should probably be moved there.

But the IB will never be played there again at 45K. You can't build an 80-100K stadium to host one game a year in, even if the two schools agreed to come back to B'ham.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
I would rather agree to two years in a row in Tuscaloosa. If the game is played at a neutral site, we get to pick it and we are the home team.
A further thought. Alabama and Georgia could each say we will play two in a row in Auburn...provided we are the home team and we get to fill your house with our fans. Wherever the potential odd game is played, Auburn is the visiting team and gets the visiting team allotment of tickets. We could pile on and say no deal for a neutral site unless you pay for it. If Auburn wants it so bad, they can make it worth Bama's or Georgia's efforts to make the change.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
They said whenever this happened Gus had just got through jawing at one of the officials and he said "They better not fine me".
Why would a guy with a $49M contract worry about getting fined? (The Athletic Department probably pays it anyways.)

Ii appears to me that he said "fired"... :cool:

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Bama plays Tennessee and LSU on the road in even years. Tennessee plays Florida and Bama on the road in odd years. But if you're Auburn, it's just not fair to have to go on the road to play two big opponents in the same season.

It's also not fair that Auburn has to be in the SEC West, because Alabama, LSU are there. And sometimes Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Arkansas can be hard to beat, too. No... they think they should get to play Vandy and South Carolina every year too, just like Georgia does.

They whine not fair more than my spoiled prima donna diva 17-year old does.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Couple nights ago on the SEC Network show with Marcus and GMac; they were complimenting Pruitt for getting his first signature win at UT. They were talking about the win over KENTUCKY; not auburn. Think about that.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Couple nights ago on the SEC Network show with Marcus and GMac; they were complimenting Pruitt for getting his first signature win at UT. They were talking about the win over KENTUCKY; not auburn. Think about that.
As long as the barn stays mired up in their own slurry of bull manure I am ok by it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Might need it's own thread, but figured it fit better here for the time. Saw elsewhere and where it was confirmed that Tammy on the finebaum show was killed (along with her grandbaby) this morning in an auto accident. :(

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Might need it's own thread, but figured it fit better here for the time. Saw elsewhere and where it was confirmed that Tammy on the finebaum show was killed (along with her grandbaby) this morning in an auto accident. :(
Was this the wreck that happened on Highway 280 near Sylacauga, AL with an 18-wheeler?

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

So sorry...prayers...puts our focus on football in a different light.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS

So very sad....
Hate to hear things like this.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN

Has Finebaum talked about this on the show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.