Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Lots of discussion about Malzahn’s future over on one of their subscription sites. Does the margin in tomorrow’s game determine where he will be next season? What do y’all think?

I think that Bama could beat AU by 100 and he'll still be the cow-college coach in 2019. It's just too much money and the optics are horrible.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Honestly winning the 2017 iron bowl may have been the worst thing that ever happen to them. I think they may be stuck with Malzahn for awhile. I don't know how you justify paying that kind of money to a coach who with the exception of 2013 has lost 4 or more games every year.

2014: 8-5
2015: 7-6
2016: 8-5
2017: 10-4
2018: barring a miracle, 8-5 or 7-6

I also don't know how you justify paying that kind of buyout.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
A few reasons Gus is going no where no matter how bad we beat them. 1 cost, they cannot afford to pay his buyout and hire new coach. 2 who could they hire who would take that job knowing what he has to do to keep the job. 3 they are realizing they are not Bama and never will be, the are coming to reality of reality. Fact is they are a mid pack team most years, always have been. Yes they have a few big years here and there, but look at the full history of the barn. They are just a 3rd place sec west team on average. 2 NC's in their entire history, they are not a SEC power, they are who they are. You would think after 100 plus years they would get it. They may dream of being a power house, but it is just that, a dream. Even when Bama struggled auburn did not run over the SEC. if you cannot be the big dog then you never will be.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If the Barn had lost to A&M they’d be rounding up the cash now to buy him out.
Don’t think for a second they “don’t have it”. They could have it in the blink of an eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
From Brandon Marcelo - BREAKING: Sources have told @Auburn247 that Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham and LB Deshaun Davis were engaged in violent fight prior to tomorrow's Iron Bowl. Davis reportedly called the QB "a soft b----", Stidham then retaliated with a punch, and Davis, in return, broke Stidham's tail. (Sorry for the quote, mods please delete if inappropriate)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
If the Barn had lost to A&M they’d be rounding up the cash now to buy him out.
Don’t think for a second they “don’t have it”. They could have it in the blink of an eye.

For real. We can afford his buyout, though we would likely negotiate it down.

There are some rumbles from insiders that he isn’t as safe as some of the administration are making it seem.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From Brandon Marcelo - BREAKING: Sources have told @Auburn247 that Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham and LB Deshaun Davis were engaged in violent fight prior to tomorrow's Iron Bowl. Davis reportedly called the QB "a soft b----", Stidham then retaliated with a punch, and Davis, in return, broke Stidham's tail. (Sorry for the quote, mods please delete if inappropriate)
That’s a fake account.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Deshaun would break more than Stidham’s tail in a fight.
Friend’s cousin is married to a member of last year’s team. I’ve come so close a few times to ask about the tail. I’m afraid he wouldn’t find it nearly as funny as me.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
For real. We can afford his buyout, though we would likely negotiate it down.
There are some rumbles from insiders that he isn’t as safe as some of the administration are making it seem.
How do you negotiate down a contract stipulated buyout?!? BOTH parties would have to agree to that and I don't see Gus or his agent agreeing to that...:rolleye2:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Can he be fired for cause if he is penalized for arguing with a ref?? Bet the Awbarn lawyers wish they thought of that one when the wrote the contract.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.