Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I don't see much difference between this and Baylor. Maybe Baylor was more widespread but they had coaches covering for players. Auburn has administration covering for coaches. Not much different IMO and if Baylor had to clean house, so should Auburn. Now they've brought in their star lawyers who will probably silence the the girls with scary legal words. Business as usual for these folks.

Auburn must have dirt on ESPN. Baylor and Penn State were national stories. Everything regarding sexual harassment makes national headlines these days yet the media has been mostly silent on AU's version of Baylor. I guess it's a "god thing" protecting the family.
espn really did the aubs a solid with this. This could have been released by them sooner, but they wait till a Saturday morning near the end of summer, the first day of any College Football, and the day of that big fight. The damage could not have been mitigated any better had auburn itself been breaking the thing.

As I mentioned above, the al.com guy James Crepea sounded very competent and involved - be interesting to see if he is allowed to pursue this thing, Bad news for the aubs is this is not just benefits for a player (business as usual there) but involves male and fenale, coach and player, and Title IX.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

I don't see much difference between this and Baylor. Maybe Baylor was more widespread but they had coaches covering for players. Auburn has administration covering for coaches. Not much different IMO and if Baylor had to clean house, so should Auburn. Now they've brought in their star lawyers who will probably silence the the girls with scary legal words. Business as usual for these folks.

Auburn must have dirt on ESPN. Baylor and Penn State were national stories. Everything regarding sexual harassment makes national headlines these days yet the media has been mostly silent on AU's version of Baylor. I guess it's a "god thing" protecting the family.
I would suggest the sport makes the difference. It shouldn't but it does. If this were Gus Malzahn and the football program or even Bruce Pearl and Co. you could bet it would be a national story and dominating the talk shows on both radio and TV. Unfortunately, for the girls plight, their sport doesn't have the same following. So comparing this to Penn St. or Baylor is not comparing "apples to apples" as far as national news coverage is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
From that PlainsMan article...

Nemeth didn’t say if she would like to see more leadership changes in the Athletics Department, but said she would like the University to provide special mental-health and sexual-harassment counseling for the players on the team to “repair some of the bridges that have been burned.”“I would like the outcome that would benefit all student athletes because, to me, it’s just very sad,” Nemeth said.When Clint Myers retired on Aug. 23, Jacobs issued a glowing statement about him and his winning record.“The foundation for ongoing success is here because of Coach Myers’ love of Auburn and his desire to see this program reach a level of success that it had never seen before,” Jacobs said at the time in a statement.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I would suggest the sport makes the difference. It shouldn't but it does. If this were Gus Malzahn and the football program or even Bruce Pearl and Co. you could beg it would be a national story and dominating the talk shows on both radio and TV. Unfortunately, for the girls plight, their sport doesn't have the same following. So comparing this to Penn St. or Baylor is not comparing "apples to apples" as far as national news coverage is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No doubt. Media coverage is dictated by interest and women's softball scandals just don't move the needle like football does, sadly for the young women involved.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
No doubt. Media coverage is dictated by interest and women's softball scandals just don't move the needle like football does, sadly for the young women involved.
In today instant media climate, it surprises me this was not a lead story on some news outlets. Sexual scandals lead especially when the institution tries to cover it up. Softball is the leading collegiate women's sport in ratings and is growing in popularity. It certainly is no where near football, but a case of a coach harassing and bedding student athletes deserves more attention than it has gotten. Jacobs will probably survive, but only of his football teams beats you know who in November. Malzahn and he may both be booted if they can't get past us with the supposed "wonderkid" they have at QB.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I dunno.............going to the game tonight. Ask me tomorrow. Will be a good test, to see if the coach has learned anything.

(I asked why they didn't get Hoover again. "I think we asked them, but maybe they weren't interested." I wonder why. All the Hoover folks I talked to were awestruck by darn near everything Allen did. Including the band!)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.