Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Fergit Bama-FSU, The Heisman winnin' QB bout to lead the eventual National Champs out onto Dye Field for Game #1...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

Saw that Sean White, Pettway and Davis are all out for AU tonight. No reason given..

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don't see much difference between this and Baylor. Maybe Baylor was more widespread but they had coaches covering for players. Auburn has administration covering for coaches. Not much different IMO and if Baylor had to clean house, so should Auburn. Now they've brought in their star lawyers who will probably silence the the girls with scary legal words. Business as usual for these folks.
Auburn must have dirt on ESPN. Baylor and Penn State were national stories. Everything regarding sexual harassment makes national headlines these days yet the media has been mostly silent on AU's version of Baylor. I guess it's a "god thing" protecting the family.
Is it that obvious? :cool2:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

I would suggest the sport makes the difference. It shouldn't but it does. If this were Gus Malzahn and the football program or even Bruce Pearl and Co. you could bet it would be a national story and dominating the talk shows on both radio and TV. Unfortunately, for the girls plight, their sport doesn't have the same following. So comparing this to Penn St. or Baylor is not comparing "apples to apples" as far as national news coverage is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baylor and Penn State involved rape. Whatever sex happened here (if any) was likely consensual. It may have been coerced or he used his power as coach to get them in bed, but I don't think he physically forced himself on anyone.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

I would suggest the sport makes the difference. It shouldn't but it does. If this were Gus Malzahn and the football program or even Bruce Pearl and Co. you could bet it would be a national story and dominating the talk shows on both radio and TV. Unfortunately, for the girls plight, their sport doesn't have the same following. So comparing this to Penn St. or Baylor is not comparing "apples to apples" as far as national news coverage is concerned.
Had this occurred any other tiome of the year, it would have been huge... :cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Fergit Bama-FSU, The Heisman winnin' QB bout to lead the eventual National Champs out onto Dye Field for Game #1...
I laugh every time I see "Pat Dye Field" in print.

It could have been "Jordan-Hare-Dye Stadium"... :cool2:

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The biggest upset in the history of CFB (by spread) occurred last night. Howard University upset UNLV 43-40. The spread was Howard +45.

Their QB was none other than Caylin Newton, Cam's little brother.
How is UNLV a 45 point favorite over anybody? That was a stupid line

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Instead of slobbering over that grinning fools brother, why not fill us in on the suspensions of Davis, White and The Wrecking Ball? I never expected White to be suspended for anything - is he already checking out? Cannot be happy having to split second team reps with a true freshman.

Why was the pathological liar Malzahn stating no suspensions or anything as late as tuesday?

Stidham completed only 58.3% Actually, pretty much in line with his numbers at Baylor.

52 rushes and 26 passes - Gus still calling the offense? Or are they be tricksy and plan to unleash the Chip Beast on poor old unsuspecting clemson?

Four fumbles?

Georgia Southern is horrible, and their coach may not last the year. 0-15 on 3rd down, 78 total yards, only attempted 8 passes?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Instead of slobbering over that grinning fools brother, why not fill us in on the suspensions of Davis, White and The Wrecking Ball? I never expected White to be suspended for anything - is he already checking out? Cannot be happy having to split second team reps with a true freshman.
RIR had the scoop:

Davis- missed the spring

Pettway- ganj

White- Academics

Also, Malik not seeing the field last night is a pretty good indicator that the plan is to keep his RS on him. Walk on Devin Adams took the 2nd string reps. Sean will be our two unless Stidham gets hurt next week.

Why was the pathological liar Malzahn stating no suspensions or anything as late as tuesday?
Semantics, probably. He loves to play that game, and people still complain about his coach speak.

My guess is Gus will say the suspended players didn't do everything needed to get back this week, allowing his earlier comments to still be correct.

Stidham completed only 58.3% Actually, pretty much in line with his numbers at Baylor.
Yeah he looked pretty gun shy. Was the victim of a few drops too. Glad he settled down, but if he plays like that against Clemson, we're in for a long night.

With the exception of one he forced, his throws weren't bad though. He just needs to get them off.

52 rushes and 26 passes - Gus still calling the offense? Or are they be tricksy and plan to unleash the Chip Beast on poor old unsuspecting clemson?
A vanilla offense was expected.

Four fumbles?
A problem we need to rectify in a hurry. Stidham's was excusable, as he was blindsided on a blown protection. Others have work to do. Kam Martin has always had issues. Slayton got careless after breaking free.

These kind of turnovers will get us killed against a P5 team. Hopefully just some rust we need to shake off.

There was some concerning stuff, but hopefully just a symptom of an early game with some new schemes that we can rectify in practice.

Georgia Southern is horrible, and their coach may not last the year. 0-15 on 3rd down, 78 total yards, only attempted 8 passes?
GSU is a triple option team. When they beat Florida a few years ago, I can't recall them throwing a single forward pass. They live and die by the run, and they typically do it very well against P5 teams. Going back to 2010, these are their rushing stats against P5 opponents.

2016----

Ole Miss

59 Carries
267 Yards
2 TDs

Ga Tech
50 Carries
167 Yards
2 TDs

2015----

WVA
57 Carries
195 Yards

UGA
53 Carries
233 Yards
1 TD

2014----

NC State
47 Carries
246 Yards
1 TD

Ga Tech
38 Carries
283 Yards
4 TDs

2013----

Florida
54 Carries
429 Yards
4 TDs

2012----

UGA
58 Carries
302 Yards
2 TDs

2011----

Bama
39 Carries
302 Yards
1 TD

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.