Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
See, the trouble with all of this "woe is Auburn" talk is that they have lightning in a bottle down there every few years. And it restores confidence. If we had not slipped up and lost to them in 2013, that would have been 6 years in a row, and it would have been murder on their fan base. No coach would have survived it. Since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa, 11 years ago, they are 4-7. And some of the 7 have been very lopsided. And worse, that's under 3 coaches now. The hurt is deep down there. We all know that anything short of 10 wins and an Alabama win will be the end for Chizik. If that 10th win is Alabama, maybe he survives. If that win over Alabama is his 11th, they give him a salary increase, inexplicably.

8-3 waiting for Alabama to come to town, that squad will be headed by another coach.
That's already happened. ;)

I'll be shocked if Malzahn makes it halfway through the season next year. They play Oregon, Tulane, Kent State, Texas A&M, MSU, and Florida in their first 6 games. At that point, they're likely to be 2-4. The loss to Florida will be the nail in the coffin.

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
I think the REC should do their thing so Gus is still around when Bama plays the barn next year and then orchestrate a win where Bama wins by 1 pt. That should give the barn PTB prove Gus has turned the corner.... We could keep this up for years....

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
See, the trouble with all of this "woe is Auburn" talk is that they have lightning in a bottle down there every few years. And it restores confidence. If we had not slipped up and lost to them in 2013, that would have been 6 years in a row, and it would have been murder on their fan base. No coach would have survived it. Since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa, 11 years ago, they are 4-7. And some of the 7 have been very lopsided. And worse, that's under 3 coaches now. The hurt is deep down there. We all know that anything short of 10 wins and an Alabama win will be the end for Chizik. If that 10th win is Alabama, maybe he survives. If that win over Alabama is his 11th, they give him a salary increase, inexplicably.

8-3 waiting for Alabama to come to town, that squad will be headed by another coach.
12 years ago - AU is 4-8, 3-8 since Bama began its run under CNS in 2008 at 12-2. Can't even ignore one win in that matter.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Quick question: is the guy on the right Brandon Marcello in the pic showing on the thread screen?

If so, that’s who I see when people talk about older dudes living in their mom’s basement gaming and living online 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Quick question: is the guy on the right Brandon Marcello in the pic showing on the thread screen?

If so, that’s who I see when people talk about older dudes living in their mom’s basement gaming and living online 24/7.

Yeah that’s him.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
It appears that Gus will remain on the Plains.

To me, that proves without a shadow of a doubt that the money was NOT there to dump Gus... :cool2:

I also believe that they did not have any big name coach that was even remotely interested in that train wreck of a program.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It appears that Gus will remain on the Plains.

To me, that proves without a shadow of a doubt that the money was NOT there to dump Gus... :cool2:

I also believe that they did not have any big name coach that was even remotely interested in that train wreck of a program.
They must have passed on Bob Stoops.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Awbarn needs to go ahead and announce a 3 years extension on Gus's contract.

They don't need these distractions before the critical Music City Bowl game.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Freeze would cause AU to slip off that imaginary moral high ground they hold so desperately.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.