Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Marshall had Tre Mason to compliment the read-option. Who would KB have? I continued to hear people say Auburn needed a Kerryon Johnson this year. Who can be that guy next year?
We won't necessarily need a Kerryon with a QB that can run. That takes a big load off of the line in pass pro and keeping the RB in the backfield becomes less necessary. Mason and Cameron Artis-Payne, who was the number 1 RB after Tre, were very marginal blockers.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Don't think he's an NFL QB anyway. Probably looking at a position change to have any staying power in the league.

That's not a knock. Our best QB since Newton and a guy that ran the Malzahn system to perfection is playing professionally as a CB.
you're likely right that Bryant is not an NFL QB, but if he thinks he is he has to try going somewhere that will be a reasonable chance to make it. I don't see him switching spots and getting a chance. The only reason Marshall did was because he'd played DB some at the college level and that hasn't really worked out for him - one year active and then a year on a practice squad before going to the CFL. He probably would have done much better for himself had he stayed where he was and played DB his entire college career.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Khalil Tate out of Arizona. Was a Heisman hopeful before Sumlin got his claws into him.
Why does Auburn have to have a grad-transfer? Does Gus not have faith in Willis or Gatewood after two plus years in the system?

He's on the verge of pushing either or both out by getting someone else, which would mean the sole backup is Bo Nix.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Why does Auburn have to have a grad-transfer? Does Gus not have faith in Willis or Gatewood after two plus years in the system?
Gatewood is a true freshman. Neither are likely to be SEC QBs. It’s why Cord was brought in.

If you held a gun to my head and asked me who starts against Oregon, it’ll be Cord.

He's on the verge of pushing either or both out by getting someone else, which would mean the sole backup is Bo Nix.
Nature of the beast these days. QBs transfer left and right.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.