Plain Trouble on "Da Plains" (all AU posts here)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Gatewood is a true freshman. Neither are likely to be SEC QBs. It’s why Cord was brought in.

If you held a gun to my head and asked me who starts against Oregon, it’ll be Cord.

Nature of the beast these days. QBs transfer left and right.
IOW, Gus brought two guys in to play QB that aren't SEC caliber QBs? ;)

Sounds like he can't evaluate talent, but we already knew that.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Both were athletes and project guys out of high school, and neither are ready. We basically had one SEC arm ready to go this year, and that was Stidham.

Part of that was missing on other prospects too. We wanted Fields badly in 18 and Narcisse in 17. Missed on both.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Gatewood is a true freshman. Neither are likely to be SEC QBs. It’s why Cord was brought in.

If you held a gun to my head and asked me who starts against Oregon, it’ll be Cord.

Nature of the beast these days. QBs transfer left and right.
#1 DTQB Bo Nix is on the way. Don’t know if he’ll be ready to take the reins though.
Dub, how frustrated are you that it takes a transfer for y'all to even have a chance?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

WRONG! with both thumbs down. Name one better evaluator of ambidextrous QB talent!

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
#1 DTQB Bo Nix is on the way. Don’t know if he’ll be ready to take the reins though.
Hopefully he'll take over eventually so I can get the added root against him bonus for beating my high school in their first high school playoff finals last year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
More from Josh Moon (reporter / columnist for the Alabama reporter):

- This is the situation at AU now: top donors and university officials are so unhappy with the head football coach that they are seeking to undercut him by limiting assistant's contracts to single year deals. This is currently preventing AU from hiring Hugh Freeze as OC

- Freeze is reportedly seeking a multi-year deal from future employers. Sources said Malzahn has asked AU to waive the recent restriction on multi-year contracts in order to hire Freeze. AU response:Nah

- To be clear, if I have no source that can say AU is Freeze's top choice. Only that Malzahn, in putting together an offer for Freeze, asked for the waiver. There seems to be better ways to run a football program.

TIFWIW..

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
More from Josh Moon (reporter / columnist for the Alabama reporter):

- This is the situation at AU now: top donors and university officials are so unhappy with the head football coach that they are seeking to undercut him by limiting assistant's contracts to single year deals. This is currently preventing AU from hiring Hugh Freeze as OC

- Freeze is reportedly seeking a multi-year deal from future employers. Sources said Malzahn has asked AU to waive the recent restriction on multi-year contracts in order to hire Freeze. AU response:Nah

- To be clear, if I have no source that can say AU is Freeze's top choice. Only that Malzahn, in putting together an offer for Freeze, asked for the waiver. There seems to be better ways to run a football program.

TIFWIW..
I could see the Barn PTB taking a chance on hiring Freeze to have in place to take over for Gus when they can get rid of him. You know they remember how Freeze beat Bama two years in a row and their little eyes light up at that thought.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I could see the Barn PTB taking a chance on hiring Freeze to have in place to take over for Gus when they can get rid of him. You know they remember how Freeze beat Bama two years in a row and their little eyes light up at that thought.
This is exactly what will happen. Book it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If that's the case, they wouldn't be hesitant to fulfill Gus's request of making Hugh's contract multiyear.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Yeah, but if Hugh Freeze does turn their offense around that would look like Gus turned it around as well and would make it look even worse to fire him.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Its gotta stink being labeled an "offensive guru" and your offense sucks unless you hit the quarterback transfer lotto.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Dub - Are you guys chasing Hugh Freeze for the OC position?

I just don't see him being interested with Gus on the hot seat, unless the PTB are telling him behind the scenes that you will be our man when we cut the bus loose...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.